Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Dean Holden

H

34 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

It doesn't seem to have gone down well...

To say the least.  They were expecting Chris Hughton or someone similar and are fuming they got their assistant manager instead.  So he's got his work cut out to win the fans over.  Its a career risk to 'split' from Lee Johnson because when Johnson gets another job he'll be taking someone else as assistant so Holden doesn't have that safety net to fall back on.  Good luck to him, comes across as a decent bloke.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

To say the least.  They were expecting Chris Hughton or someone similar and are fuming they got their assistant manager instead.  So he's got his work cut out to win the fans over.  Its a career risk to 'split' from Lee Johnson because when Johnson gets another job he'll be taking someone else as assistant so Holden doesn't have that safety net to fall back on.  Good luck to him, comes across as a decent bloke.

If you have confidence in yourself Johnny, there are times when you need to take risks so he must feel that he can do the job. I hope he can so good luck to him.

I’ve never thought of Bristol city as anything other than just a normal championship or lower club. 

Never known them even come close to being in the top flight. Can’t even think of any famous players. 

Not sure where they get their expectation from. There’s about 10 clubs bigger than them in that league. 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I’ve never thought of Bristol city as anything other than just a normal championship or lower club. 

Never known them even come close to being in the top flight. Can’t even think of any famous players. 

Not sure where they get their expectation from. There’s about 10 clubs bigger than them in that league. 

They've been sniffing round the play offs for a while now

They're due a pop at the PL i reckon, but that's down to the cyclical nature of football

10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

1st team we played in the top flight for 15 years or so when we got promoted in 78 iirc.

Gerry Gow era.