Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

https://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/news/2019/may/ftifa-launch/

massive site called Poolfoot, it allows kids from overseas to train and hopefully get picked. Think there is something similar in Mcr

They dont have a regular academy that I'm aware of- Burnley have a couple of kids from that area who were previously at Man Utd 

Edited by Dr Faustus

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

I dont think so- we've been all over the place with my kids- never encountered them with my lad, but they had a girls team up to u16

I have call with them today or rather a scout from there.. but wondering what to expect.

Edited by HomerJay

15 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

will run rings round the little shits

hang on... they do have something along the lines of a traditional academy- i knew an older lad who was on their books, and Billy Crellin came from there;  i dunno when they start- fingers crossed

Poolfoot farm is absolutely outstanding. 

Theyre injecting another few million in to the project as well, building a soccer dome and other stuff. 

My lads team trains there in the winter and it’s a brilliant set up. 

I’m not how good the clubs scouting or teams are but Blackpool don’t get a sniff. Every decent player in my lads age gets taken by fleetwood, Blackpool are never in the equation. Either are most north west teams to be honest. 

They're Cat 3,  BWFC academy teams have been playing them in friendlies in the past, and will play them more often now, as part of the games programe, when it restarts. 

They're not great. I've yet to see them beat any BWFC team over the years,  at a few age groups.    

Facilities are very good, put us to shame. You can have a decent pint and a proper meal at their academy, in a decent bar with big screens. There's an often closed burger van and toilet at Lostock - that's it, hope they do it up eventually. 

proper windy though

Edited by peelyfeet

5 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Best academy food City, Liverpool, Blackburn--bacon barms are out of this world

City is good, and healthy options! - Barnsley have got a great burger Van, bricohe buns and great sausages

Sheff Utd is decent too

Take your own flask and butties if you got to  BWFC, Hull, Wigan

Edited by peelyfeet

1 hour ago, HomerJay said:

yup cat 3. decided its too far to travel for us. easily be up to an hour.

the guy who runs this is the lead foundation phase coach (U5-U11) for PNE, hes doing day sessions for kids now I think.

https://www.facebook.com/p9elite/

if you want your lad to get picked up, getting in front of people like him, and telling him you've turned down another academy because its too far can help.

some of the BWFC coaches take their lads to bolton futsal training from time to time too - saw one there last week.

https://www.facebook.com/Boltonfutsalclub/ 

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

City is good, and healthy options! - Barnsley have got a great burger Van, bricohe buns and great sausages

Sheff Utd is decent too

Take your own flask and butties if you got to  BWFC, Hull, Wigan

Sheff Wednesday has decent brekkie, shops not far away either. Nothing at open at Leeds or Sunderland, Newcastle had nowt but Hull was sublime... Based at a college, great selection and very reasonable. Crewe not bad either. Man Utd give you free butties. 

I dunno who gets more out of this, me or the lad! 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, peelyfeet said:

the guy who runs this is the lead foundation phase coach (U5-U11) for PNE, hes doing day sessions for kids now I think.

https://www.facebook.com/p9elite/

if you want your lad to get picked up, getting in front of people like him, and telling him you've turned down another academy because its too far can help.

some of the BWFC coaches take their lads to bolton futsal training from time to time too - saw one there last week.

https://www.facebook.com/Boltonfutsalclub/ 

My lad already plays futsal for buckshaw. We're better than Bolton. 😁

55 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

My lad already plays futsal for buckshaw. We're better than Bolton. 😁

Nearly spat my tea out. 

If the FA allow the Futsal league this season, and if you get chance, you should go and watch Bolton's first team, they've got 5 England senior / u23 players this season, should finish in top 3. 

Only downside to the juniour futsal is the FA dont let any academy boys play in the national Cup competitions which is bonkers because there's 12,000 lads and about 11,700 of them won't be footballers.

What do you lads reckon of this...

My lads under 9 coach is the most qualified in the league. I forget what level he’s at but there’s only him that level across the fylde and some dudes from the FA regularly come and asses his sessions.

Hes had meetings with individual parents after concerns have been raised about his coaching, not by me may I add, and he’s says he’s sticking to the FA blue print.

All sounds good, until Saturday comes and they concede 8 every week as he fucks about with all their postisons as it’s in this blue print to try get every player competent in each position. 

Now for me, my lad will never be a defender as long as I’ve got hairs round my bum hole. He just hasn’t got it in him, he never will. He’s a cracking forward, can whizz past players without thinking. But every week he ends up being switched to the back, along with other kids who shouldn’t be there and they condcede a trillion goals. 

Some of the other kids are getting pissed off with getting beat more often than not and it’s the parents that have to deal with it.

Training seems to be match after match with very little drills, he kind of promotes the kids to be greedy and keep hold of the ball. 

I get it, I get what he’s trying to do, but other coaches aren’t doing that. We play some teams that are drilled to win, big lads at the back, nippy lads up top and all spray the ball about whereas ours are never taught to. 

Individualy our players are as good as any, played the right way and in their positions they are good as anyone. 

Any of you encountered this kind of stuff before?