Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

I’ve just finished my first season helping run U8 grassroots football. All of the problems we had this season were down to parents. Some of the behaviour I witnessed was just unbelievable. My son also plays with a pre-academy and it couldn’t be more different. Parents not allowed to be involved at all and the kids and coaches can crack on with enjoying their football. I’m all for the silent leagues being trialled in various places. Allows it to be about the kids and not the parents.

2 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

My 8 Year old grandson is at Liverpool Academy. The multi million pound set-up is fooking unbelievable. He gets loads of kit and he gets paid "expenses" since he turned 8. He was due to play in a tournament in Portugal last May but it got cancelled due to the Coronabollox

Bit naughty them scousers. Bend the rules shall we say

4 hours ago, jeep said:

What would you do if some clever cunt took you up on the offer? 😁

Let him have it, I'll get back to coaching the kids and giving him shit. 

Although normally, given I'll be a bit reffing in LH, and the vast majority of parents and coaches would back me up, it's generally not an issue

Mad some of these grass roots games now, U15's was when I noticed the difference in the lads.

Qtr final of cup game last season against a stockport team, 1 red card, 6 yellows, 3 sin-bins and 4 parents sent from the field....1 coach booked.

It was great !!🤣

Edited by Pablo

Salford league cup final last year, Beechfield coach (woman) accused one of ours of being rascist.......all hell broke loose. She told all players to not shake hands.

Played them a couple of weeks after...she made all our players line up so she could ask them who whey are, and spent 15 mins going over the registration cards...kicked our balls over fences at the end.... and refused to talk to our team coaches....following game away...SHE requested FA rep to come and watch.

She has great arse though.

9 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Salford league cup final last year, Beechfield coach (woman) accused one of ours of being rascist.......all hell broke loose. She told all players to not shake hands.

Played them a couple of weeks after...she made all our players line up so she could ask them who whey are, and spent 15 mins going over the registration cards...kicked our balls over fences at the end.... and refused to talk to our team coaches....following game away...SHE requested FA rep to come and watch.

Haha - full marks for shithousery.

2 hours ago, Pablo said:

Beechy have an inferiority complex

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Pablo said:

Mad some of these grass roots games now, U15's was when I noticed the difference in the lads.

Qtr final of cup game last season against a stockport team, 1 red card, 6 yellows, 3 sin-bins and 4 parents sent from the field....1 coach booked.

It was great !!🤣

A mate of mine started a Sunday u18 team comprising lads he knew from various Saturday teams. He picked a load of kids for their brawn as much as their footballing abilities.

He invited my son to be his striker. Had some great games but I don’t think they ever finished a game with 22 lads still on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Beechfield from Swinton?

If so, they were that cuntish 15yrs ago.

25 years ago I played for RMI at 11, and Beechy at 2. 

Always the bridesmaid; loads of runners up medals. Neither tough enough or good enough as a club- the team we had were probably the best in salford at the time, but Charlestown had more influence; certainly intimidating officials. Always moaned about Moorside (bigger set of cunts).

We all have a list containing Tranmere, Blackburn, Utd et al, but my grass roots selection would be:

Tika Taka

Moorside Rangers

Fletcher Moss

17 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

25 years ago I played for RMI at 11, and Beechy at 2. 

Always the bridesmaid; loads of runners up medals. Neither tough enough or good enough as a club- the team we had were probably the best in salford at the time, but Charlestown had more influence; certainly intimidating officials. Always moaned about Moorside (bigger set of cunts).

We all have a list containing Tranmere, Blackburn, Utd et al, but my grass roots selection would be:

Tika Taka

Moorside Rangers

Fletcher Moss

Fletcher Moss were always cunts too

• Site Supporter
16 minutes ago, Horwich said:

The best clubs/teams are the ones that dont have parents involved as coaches.

And of those which do have parents as coaches, the coach’s kid is usually the little shit.

New one, just found out tonight.

u16 team lost to a supposed u16 team 3-0 at weekend...all winning lads massive...proper fully grown, parents suspicious, but its only a friendly....

turns out....they are a full U17 team....with 2 u21 lads playing for them!!!

why!?!

8 hours ago, Pablo said:

New one, just found out tonight.

u16 team lost to a supposed u16 team 3-0 at weekend...all winning lads massive...proper fully grown, parents suspicious, but its only a friendly....

turns out....they are a full U17 team....with 2 u21 lads playing for them!!!

why!?!

What team was that? 

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

There was a team of scousers disqualified from the big summer tournemnt we have here last year for fielding overaged kids. 

Theyd made it all way to semi’s before it was raised. 

Crazy mate, I dont get it.