Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

42 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

October 31st... First game of the season! 

My grandson played his 7th game of the season last night; Redditch United U19's. Won 3-2 in a very tasty game. They have won 4 and lost 3. Should have been at Solihull Moors Monday night but for whatever reason the game has been postponed

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

My grandson played his 7th game of the season last night; Redditch United U19's. Won 3-2 in a very tasty game. They have won 4 and lost 3. Should have been at Solihull Moors Monday night but for whatever reason the game has been postponed

I'm piss wet through, but Burnley beat Liverpool 8-6. I didn't get a bacon butty

Shameless money grabbing exercise here folks but if anyone would like to help my youngest footy team and buy a raffle ticket for a hamper full of prizes drop me a message.

A lot of the prizes are vouchers donated by local businesses so understand if folk dont bother. 25p each and £1 a strip. Heres a link for prizes, some tosh, some alright but all for a good cause :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/797780411010801/?ref=share

Send us a whatsapp if you want a strip. Thanks bum fuckers.

Waiting for Fa to confirm. Daughter played today though against Wigan. They will not be able to play this month as facilities will have to close. A shame as they have all just started getting back into it. Apart from some players  having to isolate. All kids will miss it for sure. Proper crap for them at moment. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

my grandsons manager (under 9's at Colls) has just put all of November's fixtures on our Whatsapp group so as far as we are aware it looks like the kids can carry on playing

That will be because there has been no announcement yet from the FA

It should be allowed to continue with rules in place such as one parent only, no other family/friends.  That one parent must wear a face mask and stand well back from the pitch and other parents.  No shouting, etc.

... but everyone knows those guidelines wouldn't be adhered to ... so it'll be scrapped.

Yoof will be gutted :(

Just in case anyone doubts what I've said above, I'll take you back to when kids were first allowed back to training. At one of yoof's team's training nights, parents were told by the school that hosts the training that they weren't allowed pitch-side and would have to drop the kids off and then wait at their cars. Four or five of the parents were going apeshit and demanding to be allowed to watch.  The girl behind reception wouldn't allow it, so they then attempted to hire the pitch next to it as a way around it.  Thankfully the girl stood firm and said no.

Edited by DazBob

21 minutes ago, DazBob said:

It should be allowed to continue with rules in place such as one parent only, no other family/friends.  That one parent must wear a face mask and stand well back from the pitch and other parents.  No shouting, etc.

... but everyone knows those guidelines wouldn't be adhered to ... so it'll be scrapped.

Yoof will be gutted :(

This has pretty much been the case for a while and as far as my daughter tells me folk have stuck to the rules giving the authorities nothing to moan about, long may it continue