Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

• Moderators
3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

It's an absolute joke, the kids can go to school and do games and PE with kids from many different households (unless it's Wigan and there are only 2 households per class) yet they can't play for their team with far less of a mix and both have all the Covid measures in place

Education, like going to work, is deemed a necessary risk

Kids football isn't

I agree with their thinking

3 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

It's an absolute joke, the kids can go to school and do games and PE with kids from many different households (unless it's Wigan and there are only 2 households per class) yet they can't play for their team with far less of a mix and both have all the Covid measures in place

When they're at school the are in a 'bubble'.  When they do PE they are with those same children.

If they play football at the weekend they're mixing with kids from from different schools.

It's harsh and I feel really sorry for the kids, but it's probably the right thing to do.

Speaking as treasurer of a grassroots club, if you don't need the £20 that you've paid in subs then its ideal to just let the club keep it.

it'll be a load of work trying to refund everybody & that money has probably been spent anyway on securing training facilities/buying equipment & all the other things that people don't see like the cost of league & cup affiliation fees, player accident insurance, club liability insurance etc etc

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, HazzyinBolton said:

Speaking as treasurer of a grassroots club, if you don't need the £20 that you've paid in subs then its ideal to just let the club keep it.

it'll be a load of work trying to refund everybody & that money has probably been spent anyway on securing training facilities/buying equipment & all the other things that people don't see like the cost of league & cup affiliation fees, player accident insurance, club liability insurance etc etc

Aye absolutely, if we were willing to front up our season tickets, with little reward back, I’m certainly not considering clawing back from our local clubs - despite it being 3 lots!!

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Does this page the way for more school sports activity? I know it's probably just asking for trouble

As it’s my bread and butter I hope so! But we will be largely influenced by our schools risk assessments and associations governing body AfPE (Association for PE) 

2 hours ago, desperado said:

As it’s my bread and butter I hope so! But we will be largely influenced by our schools risk assessments and associations governing body AfPE (Association for PE) 

I am contemplating emailing salford sports partnership over the lads school. Surely there will be enough volunteers to take it on? Each school must have a parent coach with dbs clearance? Saturdays are free... 

I'll be doing 1:1 sessions which will be lucrative, but not gonna be enough for the kids

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dr Faustus said:

I am contemplating emailing salford sports partnership over the lads school. Surely there will be enough volunteers to take it on? Each school must have a parent coach with dbs clearance? Saturdays are free... 

I'll be doing 1:1 sessions which will be lucrative, but not gonna be enough for the kids

Sent you a PM pal

10 hours ago, DazBob said:

When they're at school the are in a 'bubble'.  When they do PE they are with those same children.

If they play football at the weekend they're mixing with kids from from different schools.

It's harsh and I feel really sorry for the kids, but it's probably the right thing to do.

Theoretically, mate, you're quite correct, but the bubble scenario is absolute nonsense.

Johnny's in a class of 36, he mixes with 35 kids in class & for PE in the bubble, but the bubble is ostensibly approx 160+ people when you factor in the 35 sets of parents and siblings.

Johnny's best mate has a sister in the year below, so add her bubble and he has an older brother at the local high school, so you need to add that bubble. 

Repeat that by 35 per class and chuck the staff in and it's biggest fucking bubble since that chimp Michael Jackson fucked.

It’s the training whats my concern

my lad struggled massively last time without his coaching yes I can do things with him but it’s hard training your own

so when they went back after 1st lockdown he gained weight and is still struggling to shed it, in turn was finding it hard recently in games

its costly but I’m using the rule of 2 so his coach can give him 1-2-1 weather permitting on the local field