Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

42 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Fair dos, but I'm always skeptical of 'academies' and I've got a few good friends who work for them

Yes I know what you mean luckily I’ve known the coach yonks he’s sound

wont bore you but the lad has a liver condition and as a result his thought process & retaining information is shocking so like last lockdown everything goes out of window so it’s like starting over again with his positioning etc, hence why I was gutted training had stopped

Got some good online football workshops for him but its the practical side he needs the most 

• Site Supporter

My lads are doubly gutted, one just back from 8 weeks injury , one training session then off for another 4 and the youngest is at Ladybridge which closed , re opened for a week the shut down again. Quite lucky in that that can kick about in the garden and on the field together though so small mercies. 
Typical , The weather was perfect over the weekend too, think we all know 1st weekend back will be rained off ...

• Site Supporter
34 minutes ago, Horwich said:

Ladybridge mon had covid didn't he?

Actually not sure, was told there were a few cases and it was closing for a deep clean on the message I got, no one named. 

that was going around as chat but I don’t know for definite to be honest 

Edited by fatolive

The lad had two games this weekend: one with one parent allowed per player, each of us masked up, distanced and temperature taken. The other, parent free... Which led to numerous adults all stood in woodland trying to sneak a view over a wall- no organisation whatsoever. 

The whole thing seems half arsed

• 3 weeks later...

Things I've heard this weekend... @Rudymay be able to validate this...

City u14s- all wear GPS vests to track activity.

Viv Andersons lad was due to get a boot deal off Puma worth 4k,but was outscored by another lad who got it instead. 

Tournament in Belgium, each kid was given a credit card so spending could be monitored. 

One lad from Africa arrived with no papers, been offloaded to a grass roots side until they can sort documentation. 

Keeper supposed to be a good un, called up to England 06 team. 

Young McAtee better than Foden

These kids have the option of private education, it's a million miles away from other academies... 4k to spend on Puma gear ffs

• Members
17 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Things I've heard this weekend... @Rudymay be able to validate this...

City u14s- all wear GPS vests to track activity.

Viv Andersons lad was due to get a boot deal off Puma worth 4k,but was outscored by another lad who got it instead. 

Tournament in Belgium, each kid was given a credit card so spending could be monitored. 

One lad from Africa arrived with no papers, been offloaded to a grass roots side until they can sort documentation. 

Keeper supposed to be a good un, called up to England 06 team. 

Young McAtee better than Foden

These kids have the option of private education, it's a million miles away from other academies... 4k to spend on Puma gear ffs

Specially I don’t know academies aren’t my field, however I do know sports companies have a way of not giving youth money but giving them loads of gear for free, but it’s bags and bags of it. 

City’s academy is absolutely frightening, over the next ten years the quality they are going to be churning out will be unbelievable, there’s a kid in the 13’s I won’t say his name but he won MOM or tournament and he was allowed a training session with the first team and they were blown away by him. 

kids these days are being promised university places free of charge. You can’t offer the parents anything but there are ways to offer kids things

UEFA are trying to crack down on it but IMO there isn’t much they can do 

Charlie Anderson IMO got given bad advice and took it which is surprising considering who is dad is . 

One of the U16 lads at City is a Bolton lad....best kid player I have ever seen, his dad played for City...has a gym in Little lever.

Not sure how the U16 striker is doing for CIty, they paid £100k for him from Bolton in last 12-18 months.

Edited by Pablo