Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

• Site Supporter

Bit of a bummer for me, had two due to play against a Darwen on Sunday both now off. First time ever had two playing against the same team at the same place , usually Blackpool and Blackrod at the same time or something, and it gets pulled . 

did they give the ok for indoor football just a few hours ago too ? 

I don’t think the lancs fa have thought this through properly.

how can they go against gov advice? 

They don’t seem to have consulted the clubs or the people it affects the most, team officials, players n parents! 

I don’t see how they can stop teams from training if they want to? 

Edited by Ruba Mustafa

Man City away tomorrow. Another parent free event. Now this isn't too bad as it's only 30 mins away and we can occupy ourselves in between: but Crewe was a nightmare. Parents huddled together on the road outside trying to catch a glimpse, Fuck all around other than the poshest sainsburys I've ever seen. 

I'm grateful he's been playing throughout, but it is frustrating. 

On 04/12/2020 at 20:56, Ruba Mustafa said:

I don’t think the lancs fa have thought this through properly.

how can they go against gov advice? 

They don’t seem to have consulted the clubs or the people it affects the most, team officials, players n parents! 

I don’t see how they can stop teams from training if they want to? 

the lads home games have been moved to... Lancs FA, and more fixtures added. A bloke has two kids, one plays for Euxton Villa, the other for Burnley. They would both train/play at the same facility, but the Lancs FA have decreed only one is allowed to do so.

Also, I believe Brum are closing their academy: considering what they made on Jude Bellingham, that really surprises me

• Site Supporter
On 04/12/2020 at 09:16, Dr Faustus said:

do Wanderers girls still play there too?

speaking of decent grass roots clubs, I passed Euxton Villa last week

wow

all is not how it seems, believe me..... which is a huge shame

Edited by HomerJay

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Dr Faustus said:

really? it seems palatial compared most facilities around here.

are you able to go into detail at all?

the main pitch is superb.

the others are serious mess do to poor drainage. more games cancelled than played. 

they spend money on drainage but does next to nothing. im no groundsman but you have to question the quality of the work, and/or the amount of investment.

all the while, parents continue to fund one of the most over subscribed grass roots clubs around.

as i say, huge shame.

21 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

the main pitch is superb.

the others are serious mess do to poor drainage. more games cancelled than played. 

they spend money on drainage but does next to nothing. im no groundsman but you have to question the quality of the work, and/or the amount of investment.

all the while, parents continue to fund one of the most over subscribed grass roots clubs around.

as i say, huge shame.

that is a shame; i think their needs to be a massive overhaul in grass roots sports, and money invested MUGA facilities to encourage more youngsters into diverse games

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

that is a shame; i think their needs to be a massive overhaul in grass roots sports, and money invested MUGA facilities to encourage more youngsters into diverse games

Not footy but Futsal, and if you believe what you say please support Athletic Buckshaw and the upcoming  (hopefully) Athletico Sports arena. This will take weather out of the equation. 

https://planning.chorley.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=QKBBCZETKVI00

All comments on the application much appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/athleticobuckshawfc/posts/834352390665561

Edited by HomerJay

4 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Not footy but Futsal, and if you believe what you say please support Athletic Buckshaw and the upcoming  (hopefully) Athletico Sports arena. This will take weather out of the equasion. 

https://planning.chorley.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=neighbourComments&keyVal=QKBBCZETKVI00

All comments on the application much appreciated!

https://www.facebook.com/athleticobuckshawfc/posts/834352390665561

will do and share; do i have to be a chorley resident to comment on the council page?

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

will do and share; do i have to be a chorley resident to comment on the council page?

dont know to be honest. i dont see why you would.

but the plan is for this the be the Futsal hub of the north. hosting major comps eventually.

and with the FA recently pulling Futsal funding, we need all the support we can get.

26 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

Mick? No. 

The laddo played at the short lived Salford Futsal Club when he was really little. I've never seen anything around here without him - thought he was a bit of a driving force.

Oh, and shared BTW, but apparently my address doesn't exist for comments... Don't worry, I'll sort it 😉