Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kids Footy

HomerJay

3 hours ago, Big E said:

Glad I’ve not got kids. Grass roots football seems to be just bellends acting the cunt. Fuck that 

Never happened playing 16-a-side on Hilton Estate. It's all too organised & made to feel important now.

If my dad had ever turned up to watch me at school or Bolton schoolboys I'd have been mortified.

• Site Supporter

Parents always came to our school games.

Part of it.

Always the odd one or two who went over board with their comments, but generally fine.

Sadly footy away from this is increasingly full of idiots on the pitch, and has disrespectful twats vandalising the grounds themselves.

New house farm- my local pitches are very wet much of the time in winter, but no large amounts of cash would be spent on them as they're frequently riden over, have dog turds on them, or burned out wheelie bins melted into them.

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Dr Faustus said:

at grassroots level, loads of posts on Faceache recently about knobheads on bikes etc cutting up pitches: North Walkden and Moss Bank in particular being affected.

The pitch on the corner of Deepdale Road which used to be part of Withins school is always falling foul of kids in quad bikes and occasionally adults. 

And regarding New House Farm,  some of the worst damage was caused by folk on horseback who just saw them as open parkland. 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, MickyD said:

The pitch on the corner of Deepdale Road which used to be part of Withins school is always falling foul of kids in quad bikes and occasionally adults. 

tbh, it seems to do ok these days since that kids team took it on?

• Site Supporter
On 27/02/2024 at 16:33, radcliffe white said:

Some of the kids are fucking feral and the problem you have is the leagues get young refs in (not like that’s an issue) but they ain’t much older and they get bitched big time absolutely no respect

Gob off - get booked. Sorted.

Problem is, the players are so feral they’d hound the young ref off the pitch as well.

On 27/02/2024 at 16:01, athywhite1958 said:

My grandkids both play for Atherton Town and there is mither almost every week with parents arguing and almost fighting, they both also play rugby at Leigh Miners and there is never a minutes problem, on or off the pitch

We played them the other week. No meither from either sets of parents but the u11s lads from both teams are clearly in the 'biggest kids in the school' stage of life so were giving each other loads of shit after challenges and stuff. 

It's hilarious to watch as a parent. 

I ain't getting worked up over it. 

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, stevieb said:

We played them the other week. No meither from either sets of parents but the u11s lads from both teams are clearly in the 'biggest kids in the school' stage of life so were giving each other loads of shit after challenges and stuff. 

Just wait until U16, U17 & into open age. They really are the alpha male teams. I don’t think my lad ever played a game which finished with 22 players on the pitch.

10 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Just wait until U16, U17 & into open age. They really are the alpha male teams. I don’t think my lad ever played a game which finished with 22 players on the pitch.

I can imagine very soon we're going to be getting into hormones playing a massive part of the game. Early developers smashing everyone else out of the park 

For me as a baby faced assassin getting in to the match as a junior for so long I suppose this is my karma! 🤣 

42 minutes ago, stevieb said:

My grandkids are U12 and U7, they love it, my daughter gets stressed when folk start arguing,

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I can imagine very soon we're going to be getting into hormones playing a massive part of the game. Early developers smashing everyone else out of the park 

For me as a baby faced assassin getting in to the match as a junior for so long I suppose this is my karma! 🤣 

And then their girlfriends come to watch and they forget to play football and instead the game is to impress your girl (and other girls) with your ability to look super-tough. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

Didn't we do that Micky, back in the day?

I don’t know. I didn’t play football for school, I swam and played water polo. Neither were much of spectator sports although water polo was legalised thuggery.

• Site Supporter

We were playing a team called Whelley Alexandra once , u11 I think , their coach was reffing, little gobby twat on theirs moaning at everything , got a warning about complaining, and that he’d be off if he continued, ref gave a goal kick to us when it should’ve been a corner according to gobby, he shouted “ oh ref that’s a nobheads decision you prick “ ref shouted over to his fellow coach “ Nick can you take Alfie off for a bit, until he’s calmed down, not having him speaking like that “  fair enough I thought , but couldn’t help laughing when young Alfie, on hearing this, responded with “ Aww Dad, don’t !!! 

ref was his fucking own Dad he was abusing .