Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Seagulls

Rudy

• Members

Apart from our Resident Donkey lasher, does anyone else not live near the coast and have issues with these massive bastards?

For about a month now around 4am there’s loads of them squawking going mad for about half an hour

No idea what’s causing them to act up, or why they’re even here, the cars are getting covered in shite from them.

Where can I buy a black widow catapult?

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Apart from our Resident Donkey lasher, does anyone else not live near the coast and have issues with these massive bastards?

For about a month now around 4am there’s loads of them squawking going mad for about half an hour

No idea what’s causing them to act up, or why they’re even here, the cars are getting covered in shite from them.

Not sure how Kobe Bryant’s missus can help.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

All good fishing tackle shops should have available a number of decent catapults.

Get one with a decent sized cup that can hold a reasonably sized pebble.

• Members
1 hour ago, Spider said:

Not sure how Kobe Bryant’s missus can help.

You’re a bad bad man 😂

39 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think seagull is a colloquialism for gull. 

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe)

Had no idea they were that far in land. 

Here, I’ve been saying it for ages, they are out of control. 

Its nesting season at minute and the streets near the front are littered with baby gulls just bobbing about while their angry family protect them at all costs.

They need culling. There’s that many now, there’s not enough food and they’re attacking folk even more than normal, their young are too weak to grow and fly and just end up splattered all over every road you drive down. 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Had no idea they were that far in land. 

Here, I’ve been saying it for ages, they are out of control. 

Its nesting season at minute and the streets near the front are littered with baby gulls just bobbing about while their angry family protect them at all costs.

They need culling. There’s that many now, there’s not enough food and they’re attacking folk even more than normal, their young are too weak to grow and fly and just end up splattered all over every road you drive down. 

Sounds like I need to bring up my bow, and the lad's air rifle. Potentially, some good sport to be had. 

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Sounds like I need to bring up my bow, and the lad's air rifle. Potentially, some good sport to be had. 

Mate of mine was beach fishing and managed to hook a gull which grabbed the bait and hook as he casted. He may have developed a great new and exciting sport.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Mate of mine was beach fishing and managed to hook a gull which grabbed the bait and hook as he casted. He may have developed a great new and exciting sport.

I did the same on starmount as a kid with a duck as I was surface fishing for carp . Went fucking nuts and put up some fight 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

4am gulls go off

Dogs wake up

they Wake the wife up

She wakes me up

The sprog wakes up

They need culling, I can’t get over the noise of them 

Someone near you will be leaving food out for em.

It happened near our workplace last year at bottom of Deane Road, an African woman was putting food out every morning and they were fucking terrorising the street. Behind were that 'steaks on a plane' is. They proper bullied the local pigeons. Even the local Magpies got forced out, and I'd previously seen one of those fuckers killing and eating a dying rat.

There's an island on a reservoir in Belmont where Bolton Sailing Club is, I call it Seagull Island, fucking millions of em congregate there in summer, absolutely deafening walking on the footpath to Tockholes at the back. 

• Members
4 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

It happened near our workplace last year at bottom of Deane Road, an African woman was putting food out every morning and they were fucking terrorising the street. Behind were that 'steaks on a plane' is. They proper bullied the local pigeons. Even the local Magpies got forced out, and I'd previously seen one of those fuckers killing and eating a dying rat.

There's an island on a reservoir in Belmont where Bolton Sailing Club is, I call it Seagull Island, fucking millions of em congregate there in summer, absolutely deafening walking on the footpath to Tockholes at the back. 

If I find out someone is feeding them I’ll beat them to death with the biggest gull I can find 

Heard some bloke tell a story on the radio about gulls. He was a pest control man and had to deal with them.

The chosen culling method is to replace their eggs with dummy eggs as this is more effective than killing them. Apparently they just produce more young if you kill them directly.

Anyway, the gulls got used to him in this particular area and as soon as he turned up they attacked him in numbers. He had to wear a crash helmet as protection. They are a proper menace and protect their nests ferociously.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Heard some bloke tell a story on the radio about gulls. He was a pest control man and had to deal with them.

The chosen culling method is to replace their eggs with dummy eggs as this is more effective than killing them. Apparently they just produce more young if you kill them directly.

Anyway, the gulls got used to him in this particular area and as soon as he turned up they attacked him in numbers. He had to wear a crash helmet as protection. They are a proper menace and protect their nests ferociously.

I reckon you'd be risking your life going onto Seagull Island in summer, definitely breeding there.

22 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

4am gulls go off

Dogs wake up

they Wake the wife up

She wakes me up

The sprog wakes up

They need culling, I can’t get over the noise of them 

You could try talking to your wife, moving the dogs and looking at the insulation in the sprogs room before taking such a drastic and likely illegal step. I say illegal, I'm no lawyer, but I have a feeling wife culling is no longer allowed in England.