Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

EFL Trophy 2020/2021

Leyther_Matt

21 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

He needs to sort this defence out Brockbank is not a central defender 

Baptiste, Greenidge and Santos are on the sidelines, we don't need to be concerned about Brockbank playing any league games in that position. No idea if either of those 3 are the answer but at least centre back is their real position.

Not good that really. Too much long ball for my liking. Need to be more patient. The midfield started off closing down well but now arent closing the ball down well enough. Cant play a high line with ineffective pressing .

Very sloppy in the final 3rd. Need to be more patient and make better decisions going forward. 

Defensively we need to drop a bit deeper I think. They are getting in behind too easy. 

19 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Tom White is certainly a positive 

Its strange we have 3 above average midfielders and 2 above average strikers yet cant seem to create a chance or even have a speculative shot.  It might be unfair to comment when I'm not watching but is it unreasonable to think we might be more effective if we played a system that suited the players, the one suits 95% of teams, the one we and the players grew up with?