Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

EFL Trophy 2020/2021

Leyther_Matt

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Very nice equaliser. 

2 good spells of play for our goals but unfortunately just as shit as the last few years for the majority. 

Let's hope it clicks more and the decent football outweighs the dross soon

Surprised by that Stevie. We’ve looked very shakey at the back but I’d say we’ve played more football, created more chances, and had more of a plan in this second half than we have in the past 2 seasons combined.

Not sure how I feel after that. There was a 15 minute period where we looked unplayable second half - well maybe unplayable is a bit strong but we were very good - and I imagine that's what we're working towards. But it means nowt when if you keep making schoolboy errors at the back. Crewe were very good on the ball too.

Thank god we've had these 2 cup games is all I can say!

• Site Supporter

Apart from our useless defence, that was far better in the 2nd half.

For the 1st time, there was some tempo to it unlike Saturday. Crawford looks like hes starting to find his rhythm, Miller & Doyle looked a threat.

We have to sort that back line out though. Crewe could have had 6 or 7

Sort the defence out and we’ll be fine. More than enough going forward.

I was going to say that we won’t play against many strikers better than Mandron up top for them this season but I’ve just looked at his career and it’s hardly impressive - thought he looked very good tonight!

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

Apart from our useless defence, that was far better in the 2nd half.

For the 1st time, there was some tempo to it unlike Saturday. Crawford looks like hes starting to find his rhythm, Miller & Doyle looked a threat.

We have to sort that back line out though. Crewe could have had 6 or 7

Got to agree with above glimpses going forward but that defence is awful and was bad Saturday IE needs to sort the wing backs being  out of position and the back 3 ponderous at best .

Another positive - we have multiple players who can really cross a ball. Our strikers will not be in short supply this season, we look like we can play clever passes through the middle but are also more than happy to get it out wide and swing early crosses in. Very impressed with Hickman’s delivery, Jones looked like he’s got a bit when he came on and we already know about Crawford - Gordon didn’t impress much but was better in the second half and still managed to get some decent crosses in.