Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

30 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Very hard to argue with any of that.

The iFollow cameraman seemed to be doing their best to make it hard to watch although you sort of got used to it after a while.

Regardless of results, if we dont get back into the ground then watching it on tv for a season will be very very shit.

I wasn't tempted to pay £10 to stop in for today's game, just watching the highlights of the Crewe game was hard enough with the empty seats and limited camera angles.  I chose live action and enjoyed going to Charnock Richard v Abbey Hey (not many local games to choose from I might add!).  So I've got a decision to make next week, stopping in to watch this version of football is only going to be enjoyable if we win, a wasted Saturday afternoon if we lose. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I wasn't tempted to pay £10 to stop in for today's game, just watching the highlights of the Crewe game was hard enough with the empty seats and limited camera angles.  I chose live action and enjoyed going to Charnock Richard v Abbey Hey (not many local games to choose from I might add!).  So I've got a decision to make next week, stopping in to watch this version of football is only going to be enjoyable if we win, a wasted Saturday afternoon if we lose. 

Honestly dont bother. i started watching it on dodgy box. Pic quality and jerky movement giving me a headache. so decided to get in on phone and stream to tv (missed Bradford goal). better pic quality but still nothing like watching It in HD. turned it off at h/t late getting it back missed our goal. Rest was torture if im honest. 

1 hour ago, anewman said:

I’d sack off this 3 at the back until we get a solid foundation 

Agree with this if there is no penetration down the flanks & the back three are not blessed with pace the every team is going to pick us off on the break.

Back four for me as I think Gethin & Gordon have the pace to cover Taft & Santos or Delaney & Baptiste (who was particularly uncomfortable when being pressed by the opposition.)

Let’s be brutally honest, we were poor all over. Defence not together, how much space and time did their guy have for the cross on the second goal and the guy in the box who scored was on his own. We had zero penetration, never got round the back of Bradford once and the service to the strikers from midfield was none existent. We could have had no complaints if we’d been 3 down at half time. 

Passing the ball is fine but when you’ve passed you’re supposed to move to get the next pass, Bradford did but we were static and it was too easy for their players to get on top of us. I know it’s early days and the players have to get used to each other but hopefully IE can get them doing things a little quicker than they did today.

58 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Let’s be brutally honest, we were poor all over. Defence not together, how much space and time did their guy have for the cross on the second goal and the guy in the box who scored was on his own. We had zero penetration, never got round the back of Bradford once and the service to the strikers from midfield was none existent. We could have had no complaints if we’d been 3 down at half time. 

Passing the ball is fine but when you’ve passed you’re supposed to move to get the next pass, Bradford did but we were static and it was too easy for their players to get on top of us. I know it’s early days and the players have to get used to each other but hopefully IE can get them doing things a little quicker than they did today.

Don’t agree, draw would of been fair result. 

From reports, Crellin made a few saves.  Genuine question, did we make their keeper work at all? (apart from the goal).  If not, its clear who the better team were.

On another note, how did Comley play?  Of all the signings who appear to be guaranteed to start, he's the one I'm unsure about.  For 2 of our best players of last season to be left out, I would hope to the replacements are well above average for Div 2.  It seems White and Sarcevic fall into that bracket.

First competitive match for a brand new team.

bradford well organised and been together for a while.

lot of positives - kept the ball well, didn’t panic, some good performances BUT did give 2 soft goals and could have been more and didn’t create enough chances.

however, it’s a cup game - we won’t win this cup and a decent draw in the next round makes no difference at the moment.  Another chance in a cup Tuesday - not overly bothered again, but then it starts, then we switch on and we give it everything come next Saturday at 3.

7 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Missed the first few minutes but just seen players took the knee is this a permanent thing going forward

If taking the knee and having a drinks break in each half is the new norm, that's 2 more annoying additions that will (slightly) spoil the matchday experience, to add to all the other things that slightly reduce the matchday experience (I dont know if they had a drinks break, so hopefully that isnt a thing).  But someone needs to stand up to preserve what attracted us to football in the first place.

18 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

From reports, Crellin made a few saves.  Genuine question, did we make their keeper work at all? (apart from the goal).  If not, its clear who the better team were.

On another note, how did Comley play?  Of all the signings who appear to be guaranteed to start, he's the one I'm unsure about.  For 2 of our best players of last season to be left out, I would hope to the replacements are well above average for Div 2.  It seems White and Sarcevic fall into that bracket.

Comley play OK, nothing more. Similar style to Bridcutt but not as busy or vocal. I'm thinking this team is going to take 4, maybe 5 games to get it together properly.

27 minutes ago, Underpants said:

From where we where this time last season. From where we where we at the end of last season. And for a team just put together I am optimistic after what I saw. Don't get me wrong I saw plenty I didn't like but at least we didn't get dicked by 5.  I'm a glass half full man. 

I'm all for the positive vibes, and it will all come good in the end, but we've lost 3 on the trot now, convincingly.  Our last 3 league games were draws against Accrington, Wimbledon and Burton; we need to improve to say we've got a better team than we had in March.  If I'm honest I'd take the team of 6 months ago to today's starting line up - but part of that is because I'm not sure if the positive additions of White and Sarcevic are enough to replace the flair/attacking intent of Politic, Darcy and Crawford which we appeared to miss today.  Accepting I havent seen it so just going off comments.

7 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm all for the positive vibes, and it will all come good in the end, but we've lost 3 on the trot now, convincingly.  Our last 3 league games were draws against Accrington, Wimbledon and Burton; we need to improve to say we've got a better team than we had in March.  If I'm honest I'd take the team of 6 months ago to today's starting line up - but part of that is because I'm not sure if the positive additions of White and Sarcevic are enough to replace the flair/attacking intent of Politic, Darcy and Crawford which we appeared to miss today.  Accepting I havent seen it so just going off comments.

White was superb, continues in that vein we won’t miss Politic. 

17 minutes ago, Underpants said:

Comley play OK, nothing more. Similar style to Bridcutt but not as busy or vocal. I'm thinking this team is going to take 4, maybe 5 games to get it together properly.

I agree they need time, but I just hope IE isnt throwing the baby out with the bath water.  I rarely came away from a game last season thinking Darcy wasnt one of the best players on the pitch.  And that was in the division above.  The replacements need to be really good to justify the extra salary if nothing else.