Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

In todays climate, there's no world of difference at all.  Delfounso, and several other players, and people in general, have felt strongly enough about current circumstances to do both.

You then compare that gesture to someone doing a Nazi salute and ask if I'm thick? 😅

People in general? Are you sure about that? 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, kent_white said:

Turn your back and a lot of people will just assume you're a racist. And then we'll get the inevitable backlash. And then the players will keep on doing it to prove a point. And then we'll have yet another cultural splitting point.

I think you're right, in some instances some folk will instantly decide its racist.

Which, unfortunately, is somewhat symptomatic of society. The very reason why we've had issues in social services and police with things like grooming. Folk scared of being labelled.

Surely one of the most inclusive, non discriminatory events we witness is teams of lads from all walks of life competing together on a sports pitch, and being applauded and appreciated equally by fans.

On the game. 

2 wing backs got fwad and then the ball was lost so Bradford played into the space. 

Taft and Santos going fwad is ok if you do not get stuck upfield. I actually felt sorry for Baptiste only one who actually tried to defend for 90 minutes. 

70% possession. 0% inventiveness. 

We will improve. 

Edited by Ani

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

People are really moaning about players kneeling in a match they aren't attending? 

No, if you actually read the whole thread the discussion about whether it’ll last until and beyond live audiences.

4 hours ago, 1969 said:

I go to the match to get away from all the shite we have to put up with in life and have a bit of a crack. Not to see a political stance 

Got to say I agree.  There's too much non football stuff goes on at the matches, it feels rare for a pre-match not to include some sort of tribute, silence or statement.  Stick to football please, I've been to a few cricket matches and theatre productions over the years and I dont think I've ever seen a minutes silence or tribute etc.  That's not why we go.

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

On the game. 

2 wing backs got fwad and then the ball was lost so Bradford played into the space. 

Taft and Santos going fwad is ok if you do not get stuck upfield. I actually felt sorry for Baptiste only one who actually tried to defend for 90 minutes. 

70% possession. 0% inventiveness. 

We will improve. 

Agreed.  I was pretty disappointed with Gordon, who apart from one burst of pace in the 1st half, just didn't seem to get involved. A couple of times in the game when we got it to Delfounso up the pitch, I expected him to come flying past,  pulling defenders out of position and giving us options but he was nowhere to be seen.  Santos and Taft made more penetrating runs, which is just daft imo!

We (& he) will improve though.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Got to say I agree.  There's too much non football stuff goes on at the matches, it feels rare for a pre-match not to include some sort of tribute, silence or statement.  Stick to football please, I've been to a few cricket matches and theatre productions over the years and I dont think I've ever seen a minutes silence or tribute etc.  That's not why we go.

Fucking hell, don’t go and join anfieldways! 🤣🤣🤣

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Well if a few players kneeling for a few moments affects their matchgoing experience in any way to the point that they don't wish to go any more, then live football is probably not for them 

Or, live football is what they've always gone for. Not for hand wringing, politics, or whatever is flavour of the month in self flagellation.

Perhaps football isn't for those who feel the need to undertake such actions?

11 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Or, live football is what they've always gone for. Not for hand wringing, politics, or whatever is flavour of the month in self flagellation.

Perhaps football isn't for those who feel the need to undertake such actions?

The players doing it? Nope they’re still getting paid

• Site Supporter
Just now, jmjhb said:

Ultimately it's at the players' behest isn't it, it's not like it's mandated by the EFL

But I wonder how many just don’t want to be that first person who takes a stand. The MSM would have a field day trying to out someone as a racist.

28 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Well if a few players kneeling for a few moments affects their matchgoing experience in any way to the point that they don't wish to go any more, then live football is probably not for them 

It's not just about the match day experience, I believe ALL lives matter but this black lives matter has become totally political, I want to go to a game watch the reebok rebels or whatever they are called now, watch lofty doing what he does and that's it end of, just my thoughts 

1 minute ago, Revelredne1961 said:

It's not just about the match day experience, I believe ALL lives matter but this black lives matter has become totally political, I want to go to a game watch the reebok rebels or whatever they are called now, watch lofty doing what he does and that's it end of, just my thoughts

Lofty is a poster boy for the alt-right though!