Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Best chocolate bar

Rudy

10 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Sweets?

didn’t we buy toffees in them days!?

I can remember you could get two toffees for half a new pence.  Halfpenny  coins were the crappest coins ever, about as big as a ladybird. And sometimes you'd get old half penny coins as change, and they were massive, a bit bigger than new 2ps, some shops would take them as 2ps, some wouldn't. Shillings as 5ps. Proper confusing 

1 minute ago, MancWanderer said:

All seems fairly sensible to me...

In the 16th century the rod (5.5 yards, or 16.5 feet) was defined (once again as a learning device and not as a standard) as the length of the left feet of 16 men lined up heel to toe as they emerged from church.

haha , and of course horses are measured in hands, which derives from the Egyptian cubit-rod. The Royal cubit divided into seven palms or 28 digits 

A palm is 4 digits 

A hand is 5

A fist is 6

Easy

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Ah! But an ounce drives from the Latin Uncia, a unit that was one-twelfth of the Roman pound (libra) where you get the lb abbreviation from.

In the troy & apothecaries weight system, the ounce is 480 grains or one-twelfth of a pound. In the avoirdupois system you are of course correct at 16.

Anyhow, dark chocolate bounty bar

I'm thinking you lot still use imperial over there. :)

Beyond cash, I still do to be fair

• Members
Just now, Escobarp said:

Just bought two, yes count them two, dark chocolate bounty’s for a pound from co-op. These will be demolished later with a cup of tea 

Cannot stand bounty. Feel like still tasting it days later 

• Site Supporter

Walnut Whips used to come in four variations; vanilla or coffee creme and milk or dark chocolate. 

The choccy casing wasnt a cast shell back in the day either, it was a pyramid of decreasing circles of chocolate. 

The packaging had a 1½" square of cardboard in the bottom.

Also, I'm fairly sure they came with two half-walnuts, one on top as they do now and one inside the chocolate case.

21 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just bought two, yes count them two, dark chocolate bounty’s for a pound from co-op. These will be demolished later with a cup of tea 

You over paid. They are worth about 10p. 

Now Aero mint bubbles ......