Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Crewe Friendly

Johnny Byrom

2 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I am. Beginning to think we have all got carried away 

We've got great owners, got some money (relatively), a better manager than we expected and made some really good signings for the level we're at, and kept 3 of our best midfielders when we half expected to lose them.  Nothing's changed, I dont give a monkeys about pre-season games as long as we dont get any significant injuries.

Always going to be difficult throwing a bunch of players together all at once & expecting to piss a league because we've a few proven top tier league 2 players. Teams who have had a structure in place for a while with decent chemistry are ahead of time of us. For years we've been throwing has be's together just to get by. Evatt had a shit start last season at Barrow lost around 5 matches out of 8 at the start but once the players started to click they blitzed the league. The concern is we are lacking massively in terms of the bench going into the season, just a bunch of young defenders who are there to make numbers

20 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I have never been impressed with 3-5-2 hopefully he will prove me wrong but only a friendly plenty of time to 

22 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I have never been impressed with 3-5-2 hopefully he will prove me wrong but only a friendly plenty of time to improve.

There's some really great exciting teams who play it especially in europe e.g Atalanta. On the lower scale Plymouth & Ryan Lowe got out of this league with it. All down to the players to know thier roles & but most of all you need the quality  

11 minutes ago, TroySwoosh said:

cancelled my season ticket and burned my shirt

You're a fucking loser for buying em in the first place. 

Real fans haven't put a penny in the club since 2012 and have front row seats at the flying flute (imagine that went under years ago) 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

DUH6xOQn_bigger.jpg

𝗪𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗟𝗶𝗻𝗲-𝗨𝗽: Crellin, Jones, Baptiste, Santos, Taft, Gordon, Comley, Sarcevic (c), Crawford, Delfouneso, Doyle.

I don't think I've heard of Jones or Gordon, they new signings or academy?

Edit - just checked, recall them signing

Edited by ZicoKelly

We are all guilty of looking too closely into individual results.  2 years ago, about an hour into the 2nd game of the season, we'd beaten WBA away and were 2 up against Bristol City.  McGennis looked like a great signing, and we couldnt believe we'd signed someone as good as Wildshcutt.  The other outfield starters were Olkwoski, Wheater, Beevers, Andy Taylor, Lowe, Murphy, Ameobi, Vela and Buckley.  Only 2 or 3 of those would be an improvement on our current team, but we were on a role.  It means nothing, if you dont have a plan and a way of playing.  That's what we're getting with Evatt, it will come good, I dont care if it takes a few months to see real evidence.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We are all guilty of looking too closely into individual results.  2 years ago, about an hour into the 2nd game of the season, we'd beaten WBA away and were 2 up against Bristol City.  McGennis looked like a great signing, and we couldnt believe we'd signed someone as good as Wildshcutt.  The other outfield starters were Olkwoski, Wheater, Beevers, Andy Taylor, Lowe, Murphy, Ameobi, Vela and Buckley.  Only 2 or 3 of those would be an improvement on our current team, but we were on a role.  It means nothing, if you dont have a plan and a way of playing.  That's what we're getting with Evatt, it will come good, I dont care if it takes a few months to see real evidence.

This.

2 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

I just checked,  hoping that you were right.

We won at Atherton, York, Queen of the South and Rotherham in pre season that year.

I went to the 1st two of those.  Is that the year we lost 1-0 at Carlisle?  I know it was in the McGinlay era but not sure which year.