Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

MickyD

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Did you soak them first to remove the little maggots?

Got a few to soak myself and also make a crumble after my tea.

Bit daft really as I've got tens of kilos of frozen berries in the freezer. 

Yeah, picked them a couple of days ago. Soaked them for a few hours, got a mini caterpillar. 

They taste better when you've picked them yourself 

On 31/08/2020 at 22:53, Breightmet Boy said:

one of the lads does that at work when we get them, it works too.  Hes a right Grizzly Adams 

Stopped a concrete pour yesterday . To rescue a little bèetle that was panicking like mad.

Held the job and 9 guys up for 4 minutes while i took it too some nearby bushes.

Slab is the size of 3 football pitches so loads of ickle creatures must have gone to the big insect world this week. But this one caught my eye. Looked Nicky Hunt running all over the pitch but getting no where.

49 minutes ago, embankment said:

Stopped a concrete pour yesterday . To rescue a little bèetle that was panicking like mad.

Held the job and 9 guys up for 4 minutes while i took it too some nearby bushes.

Slab is the size of 3 football pitches so loads of ickle creatures must have gone to the big insect world this week. But this one caught my eye. Looked Nicky Hunt running all over the pitch but getting no where.

😃

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Someone left their tenner change behind in the self-service at Tesco last night so I handed it in to the staff who assured me they'd do their best to try and find who it belonged to.

Good bit of honesty there. You can only hope the staff member will be the same. 

i was at a cash machine once and the thick bastard in front of me walk away leaving hundred quid hanging out the machine. I grabbed it before the machine took it back and shouted him back. He just snatched it out my hand without saying thanks, kiss my arse or fuck all. If I’d of known he was gonna be like that I’d of kept it, ignorant twat!

Just helped a lady with her shopping at Sainsbury’s. She’d only gone in for something for tea and ended up with 3 bags and some loose pottery. She was very grateful but as we were both wearing masks, we could both pass each other in the street and never know.

Before anyone asks, I’ve no idea. I wasn’t looking.

20 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

Just helped a lady with her shopping at Sainsbury’s. She’d only gone in for something for tea and ended up with 3 bags and some loose pottery. She was very grateful but as we were both wearing masks, we could both pass each other in the street and never know.

Before anyone asks, I’ve no idea. I wasn’t looking.

The credibility of this whole tale is brought into question by the final sentence 😉

its 720 and already i feel proud. i've just gone into th'eldests amazon prime profile (she gets discount as a student) and added a shit load of bollywood films from the past 30 years to her watchlist, and paused some halfway through. her housemates will now look at her in a new light once they all awake from their drunken, cheap spirits infused stupor