Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Holding a spade.

• Site Supporter

When digging, I always have my left hand on the top handle, and my right lower down nearer to the blade.

Lad reckons that's left handed, but I'm not. He does it the other way round.

Genuinely never thought of holding one any other way, so what about everyone else?

Who's right, me or him?

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When digging, I always have my left hand on the top handle, and my right lower down nearer to the blade.

Genuinely never thought of holding one any other way, so what about everyone else?

Who's right, me or him?

I'd say him. 

I do the same as you and I'm left handed.

How do you hold your snooker bat? 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Who's right, me or him?

I would say he’s correct in that that’s a left handed way of doing it , but it’s whatever you’re comfortable with I suppose 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, stevieb said:

I'd say him. 

I do the same as you and I'm left handed.

How do you hold your snooker bat? 

with my feet!

Seriously though, I did wonder, as I always hold my tooth brush with my left hand. Doesnt feel right the other way.

Write right handed. Take bottle tops off with left hand on the top and right on the bottle.

Left footed though.

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

with my feet!

Seriously though, I did wonder, as I always hold my tooth brush with my left hand. Doesnt feel right the other way.

Write right handed. Take bottle tops off with left hand on the top and right on the bottle.

Left footed though.

Weirdo

2 minutes ago, deane koontz said:

The right would be supporting most of the weight wouldn't it?

Not in my vegetable patch. The right has more power, thus reducing the effort needed to dig. Or if the earth is a bit hard, I use both feet, jump on it like a tosser on a pogo stick.

• Site Supporter
Just now, peelyfeet said:

Not in my vegetable patch. The right has more power, thus reducing the effort needed to dig. Or if the earth is a bit hard, I use both feet, jump on it like a tosser on a pogo stick.

Be careful with hard ground. Was once in a fellow poster's garden and thrust vigorously with the left foot. It slipped of the spade and twisted. Finished up in a&e. :)

4 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Be careful with hard ground. Was once in a fellow poster's garden and thrust vigorously with the left foot. It slipped of the spade and twisted. Finished up in a&e. :)

Oops

Holding ???

Cards.

Make sure you play it at the right time , or else it will cause up roar in a game of Nine Card Don. Get it out early so your partner can play his 5 or 9.

Other views ,

Tried holding one on Moor Lane after a City game.

Should have just punched him.

Gave him enough time to land his forehead on my left eye ball. Ouch.

1 more .

Lemmy had an Ace .

Right side - write, bowl, throw, naturally right footed, spade, fork when on it's own, holding a pint, play golf, tennis, pool, snooker

Left side - bat, eat crisps, fork when using a knife, throwing first punch/haymaker, taking penalties, shooting from distance

I think that's it......

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Who's right, me or him?

Your lad is correct

Just now, jeep said:

Right side - write, bowl, throw, naturally right footed, spade, fork when on it's own, holding a pint, play golf, tennis, pool, snooker

Left side - bat, eat crisps, fork when using a knife, throwing first punch/haymaker, taking penalties, shooting from distance

I think that's it......

Limp ?  ( hastely adds left or right leg )

Or is it better ?