Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nations League

deane koontz

25 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I was just about to say something similar, hadn't known people had turned on him really until after Iceland. 

Once people turn, that's it.

He should have been sacked for his team selection in the semi final. I know you could say he was a big part in us being there in the first place, which is fair, but for me he proved he is tactically inept with that starting 11 with one genuine midfielder in it (weirdly he’s now gone the other way and seems to be ultra defensive).

• Moderators
3 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s not pointless as it’s linked to World Cup qualification and with the euros postponed next year will be packed already 

aye, it's certainly a lot better than having friendlies

17 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

I've never rated him or the football. He shouldn't have got the job.

In fact, Sam should have never lost it. 

I agree, never rated Southgate as a manager and I don't rate England's players either. Southgate is a cunt as well for making a pizza ad out of him fuckng it up in the Euros when he was a player

There was an outside chance Sam could do a Greece and win  a tournament with average players but no chance Southgate would

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s not pointless as it’s linked to World Cup qualification and with the euros postponed next year will be packed already 

Shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to look at the qualification set up given the pandemic

Southgate clearly experimenting and it doesnt appear that the world cup is prominent in his thoughts.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DazBob said:

Absolutely.  Get rid of this and we're back to meaningless friendlies.  This is by far the better of the two options.

I also like the group D set up which means Andorra and San Marino get to play some competitive games where they might score, draw or even win occasionally

• 1 month later...