Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

CBD Products

Kane57

Evening 

I've had a cursory search and couldn't see anything on here, so wondering if any of you have had experience with CBD products? 

I have trouble sleeping and heard that a drop or two of the stuff can help, but I don't have the first clue where to start. I've done a bit of online research and everything I see looks like snake oil.

Recommendations appreciated. You vile lot.

• Site Supporter
19 minutes ago, bolton_blondie said:

I have a balm with it in for my knees (I spend alot of time on my knees at work and they hurt sometimes) it does fuck all

Used similar on plantar fasciitis a while ago. Did perhaps get a little benefit early doors but it could just have been the action of massaging. 

Been a number of concerns over the quantities of active ingredient in the products.

Seems there is little and in some cases nothing in it. More regulation needed.

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Nytol one a night is really good. Not the herbal ones. Might make you a bit groggy in the morning - but I'd take that over not getting to sleep until 5am.

My other half uses them, I can fall asleep on a washing line so I don't need them but out of interest decided to try one.It was like having your head in cotton wool until.about midday. Not sure how she gets any work done!

Bowton baked gave me the best advice. I got some for the wifes sleep, and had a bash for my twitchy legs.

Didnt really help my legs as wearing shorts in 50mph winds on the sea front every day is always going to cause a few muscle spazms :)

Helped with the wifes sleep, took a while though. Id maybe get a short term fix off the doctor like Zopolon and start CBD and let it work in.

Stay away from ale. 

22 minutes ago, DazBob said:

The CBD stuff you can get over here doesn't give you any sort of high does it?  Whereas the CBD stuff you get in America can get you mashed.

No mate. Youd get more of a high if you melted the capusle and sniffed the plastic fumes.

Anyway. Back to CBD

Was on a video call with a pharmacologist yesterday. He’s done a shit load of research into CBD for all sorts of neurological conditions - Parkinson’s, epilepsy, stroke recovery, multiple sclerosis, etc 

Very little evidence of any benefit other than in “drop attacks” in epilepsy in a very limited range of patients using proper therapeutic CBD

CBD over the counter? He’d tested a load. Don’t bother. Most contain so little all you’ll get is a placebo effect

Want to get a high? Er, don’t bother. CBD has THC removed so no chance