Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

1 hour ago, ex_midlandwhite said:

If Forest Green play like the start of last season I think we might lose. If like the end of last season then 2-2 or 3-2 to us.

Have listened to the Not the top 20 podcast (which I find to be pretty good) prediction show. They don't have us in the playoffs even. Think the favourites title is lazy on the back of Sarcevic and Doyle signings but they don't rate our squad after that at all. Also said Doyle couldn't score at Bradford with no service and they don't see where it'll come from for us.

I listened to that too, I'm also a fan of it as they're pretty balanced and knowledgeable. I'll listen to it throughout the season as a way to keep in touch with what's going on in L2 otherwise I'll just drift away from it especially while we cant go.

They, and one of the LOV people in their predictions, have cut through the hysteria of summer and laid it out bare: bar a handful of very good signings, other teams are far more settled and battle hardened than ours at this level and we might be in for a rude awakening. I'm still expecting play offs at least, and still targeting automatic but it'll be a huge struggle.

Speaking of struggle, sounds like 3-4 midfielders are injury doubts for Saturday.

When was the last time that we watched a Bolton game that actually mattered? As much as there were a couple at the start of last season which were nice to win, we were always a lost cause. Whether we are in the ground or not tomorrow, it will just be nice to actually care about the result because it means something for the first time in 18 months!! Football is back (partially)

I thought last seasons start was bad . Yes it was BWFC against the world .

No players , not much hope . Yes Wycombe was all about pride and passion.

Today is just shit.

Season ticket to watch ifollow . Sat in a room on ya own.

Empty stadium , so no chance of getting behind the players.

The pubs are all shut because of some stupid muppets Bury Road.

And yeah i miss my bloody not right mates.

Our goal machine better get his arse in gear so i can enjoy my Saturday night curry.

What's the deal with his ifollow shit for watching games. Is it all 10 quid a game or is there option for some kind of subscription?

Never used it before. Will they be showing all games this season ? 

Edit - Never mind I opened my eyes and looked

Edited by deane koontz
Lazy human.

2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Iirc we had a less than convincing start in the bottom league last time, go dicked at Scarborough early on and I'm sure we were rock bottom 92nd at one point of the season.

That 92nd spot crossed my mind .. 

I have prepared myself to hear of them dancing in the streets of Bury Wigan and Barrow tonight as we suffer a heavy defeat 

Having said that these men were hardly in good form since the turn of the year - just 2 wins in 12 , and had fallen right out the promotion race  

Would not like to call it  - Any points on the board today  - very happy