Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

• Site Supporter

I said when he was appointed that I wasn’t comfortable with this Barrowcelona bollocks.

I could tell 11 footballers to pass it to each other all afternoon but they need to be good enough to do it.

These lot might be decent if they Revert to type and just shit and kick their way through games at this level.

Plan A looks way off right now and Plan B looks non existent.

11 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Very poor. At least we didn't get spanked. And Evatt had a poor start at Barrow. They're the only positives I can suck from that performance.

Crawford has got to start. Him and Doyle looked like the only Bolton players on the pitch who wanted it. And maybe Sarcevic.

Still very early days so not overly concerned - and at least a Wanderersways legend got a shoutout.

I agree with it all except Sarcevic , I think he looked slow and disinterested , he's certainly a better player than that but that today was nowhere near good enough from him.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, meanderson93 said:

Just admit we were shite and then, perhaps, actually show signs of trying to fix them. Especially defensively. 

How could he possibly "show signs of trying to fix them" in a post-match interview? I expect he'll say we weren't good enough, and we need to improve - which will be fair enough. No manager in the land is going to say his team were shite after their first League game.

• Members
1 minute ago, Cheese said:

How could he possibly "show signs of trying to fix them" in a post-match interview? I expect he'll say we weren't good enough, and we need to improve - which will be fair enough. No manager in the land is going to say his team were shite after their first League game.

Same as he said in the previous 4 lost games then

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I agree with it all except Sarcevic , I think he looked slow and disinterested , he's certainly a better player than that but that today was nowhere near good enough from him.

Don't think he could do much with what he had to work with. He showed more defensive commitment than the defenders on quite a few occasions.

12 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

That was a dreadful performance , no positives whatsoever from that showing.

OK for all the negatives, here are some positives.  Delfounso first half left us in no doubt he's a good footballer for this level.  Tutte - can see why he's been signed, tidy and forward thinking.  Crellin looks the part for me, though didnt have much to do.  Crawford looks like he's the player we had pre-injury, which might not have been the case.  4 players there I'm happy with, and we can add Sarcevic and Doyle as nobody can say they arent proven at this level.  Negatives far outway the positives though.

Thing is, I don’t think anyone thought it would be the finished article, and I’m sure it will improve, but fuck me there wasn’t one thing in there that showed what we are heading towards.

I hate 5 at the back, it only works if you have very good wingbacks and from what I’ve seen of the 2 that played today we haven’t!

A back 4 with Hickman at right back, 2 in midfield (White and Comley/Tutte) with 3 (Crawford, Sarcevic and Darcy/Delfounso) behind Doyle seems a far better set up to me.

Granted I’m pissed off after watching that shite so it’s probably a bit knee jerk to write his system off already.

Hard to know what to say. How long can we keep resorting to "we've still got a club".? We all know embryonic league tables mean nowt but I never thought I'd see us 5th from bottom of the football league. 

Folk chuckling tonight will be Ken Anderson, Keith Hill and Wigan fans

Edited by paulhanley