Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v forest green

radcliffe white

23 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Cheese is one of only very few on this thread speaking sense. 

In your opinion!!!

I Hope to god he is right and we do start to see improvement,  sadly yesterday was putting it mildly 'Disjointed ' , we can't afford too much playing catch up and some of these players need to improve and fast.

Like I say I hope to be proved wrong.

21 minutes ago, jayjayoghani said:

Cheese is one of only very few on this thread speaking sense. 

It’s not that others aren’t

many things said in jest like evatt out etc, however me included it’s more of a disappointment rather than a moan or slating them

for years now we’ve been served shit so when a new manager comes in says all the right things recruits well hopes are raised, so when we see a performance like that course folk will be pissed

like hill evatt has come from a small club where expectations are lower this is a big job and with that will come bigger criticism if not right

7 hours ago, Mantra said:

Sarcevic has deleted his twitter account after getting slagged off...

He shouldn’t be getting the stick in the first place BUT I’m not sure it bodes well if our captain can’t either just take the stick from a load of teenagers who were sucking him off on there hours before or just have the sense not to look at it for a few days.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

People like you who have basically made apologies for absolute dross over the last 10 years have helped to put us were we are now . That performance today was terrible and clueless . The 100% comment regarded your optimism that things will improve.

WTF is that all about? You reckon hounding managers after one league game is the way forward? I've had my differences with Cheese in the past but even I wouldn't blame him for our demise! 

• Site Supporter

Even the season where wer beat most to gain a championship with 99 points and 100 goals we went through the season losing occasional games. Some of those losses were against teams we were cast iron bets to win against.  

We'll lose some more games this season but it doesn't matter if the games we lose come at the start, middle or end. We may still go on and have a record breaking season. 

Just now, Eddie said:

He shouldn’t be getting the stick in the first place BUT I’m not sure it bodes well if our captain can’t either just take the stick from a load of teenagers who were sucking him off on there hours before or just have the sense not to look at it for a few days.

Not sure why folk aren’t happy that he’s deleted it

What do they want? An Anthony Gerrard style invite to a “meet”?

People suggesting that means he can’t be a leader...honestly the mind fucking boggles at times with our fans. 

It’s fucking Twitter 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Not sure why folk aren’t happy that he’s deleted it

What do they want? An Anthony Gerrard style invite to a “meet”?

People suggesting that means he can’t be a leader...honestly the mind fucking boggles at times with our fans. 

It’s fucking Twitter 

Is Anthony Gerrard Miami's real name? 

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, kent_white said:

Like he's got courage in his convictions?

Is that polite for stubborn? :)

He's not unique though, all managers will have an idea of how they want to play. If its not working do they stick with it until (if) it does or try something else.

My biggest concerns on yesterday's performance wasn't the system- he can try any formation and it won't work- if players can't pass it quickly and accurately a matter of a few feet then we've got a problem.

The players looked shot and devoid of confidence.

Yesterday was dross as was last Saturday with Bradford. I trust Evatt to get it right but i hope he does not only have plan A

That back 5 and i include the wingbacks are shocking. I also dont get only playing the players he has signed.

You are on the training ground every day with them i will like most on here say Crawford and Darcy are better than any of the dross that have been brought in........Jesus can he not see that.

It is early days and we have to trust him but we are not a forgiving lot.

26 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

WTF is that all about? You reckon hounding managers after one league game is the way forward? I've had my differences with Cheese in the past but even I wouldn't blame him for our 

I didn't want Cheese to Hound anybody , my point being his refusal to acknowledge any kind of problem with yesterdays showing . Was I knee jerk,  well yes probably .

29 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Even the season where wer beat most to gain a championship with 99 points and 100 goals we went through the season losing occasional games. Some of those losses were against teams we were cast iron bets to win against.  

We'll lose some more games this season but it doesn't matter if the games we lose come at the start, middle or end. We may still go on and have a record breaking season. 

Amen to that!!

2 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

I didn't want Cheese to Hound anybody , my point being his refusal to acknowledge any kind of problem with yesterdays showing . Was I knee jerk,  well yes probably .

I don’t think Cheese ever posted that yesterday wasn’t shit

in fact I’ve not seen anyone post that anywhere

The debate is what exactly is being shit yesterday means long term. And I’m with cheese in that hopefully it’s v little. But we just don’t know yet. Some of the whinging and calls for his head on social media is nothing short of embarrassing 

5 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

I don’t think Cheese ever posted that yesterday wasn’t shit

in fact I’ve not seen anyone post that anywhere

The debate is what exactly is being shit yesterday means long term. And I’m with cheese in that hopefully it’s v little. But we just don’t know yet. Some of the whinging and calls for his head on social media is nothing short of 

But he never said it was until he was put on the spot about it. But me &Cheese have agreed to look at it a couple of months and then discuss things,  hopefully he is right and it's all honky dorey. 

Edited by dusan nikolic

Hounding players directly isn’t going to do any good 

Should be free to have a good moan on here though 

For the first time in about 4 years we’ve got a budget in the top half a dozen in the league (if not the biggest). A lot of business was done early and some great players have been brought in (for this level) 

The 3 competitive performances thus far have been well behind where they should be. As ever here I think the manager will be given time, but expectations are way beyond what Hill and Parky (Championship years) had to deal with, so they should be 

Needs to start producing some good performances as a bare minimum, poor results can be accepted if the performance is positive. 

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Most footballers are on social media because their sponsors ask them to be

I doubt Sarcevic has just signed a £10m deal with Puma.

Get off it lad 

I fully agree, I don’t understand why any footballer that isn’t financially incentivised is on there. It’s full of maniacs and kids that are in both cases crying out for attention, which means that 90% of what is said on there is extreme in either a positive or negative way.

The same people that will have been giving it the “My captain 😍” bollocks at 11am yesterday will then have been sticking the boot in at 5.30pm.

Still think his best move if he was that arsed what a load of kids and overweight nutcases think was to just not click on the blue fucking bird on his screen though.

• Members
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I fully agree, I don’t understand why any footballer that isn’t financially incentivised is on there. It’s full of maniacs and kids that are in both cases crying out for attention, which means that 90% of what is said on there is extreme in either a positive or negative way.

The same people that will have been giving it the “My captain 😍” bollocks at 11am yesterday will then have been sticking the boot in at 5.30pm.

Still think his best move if he was that arsed what a load of kids and overweight nutcases think was to just not click on the blue fucking bird on his screen though.

I’d get them all off it. Let’s focus on the football. No fans to scream at them in the stadium 😂 need to be as positive as possible 

47 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

I thought Gordon's lad looked ok in defence considering he hadnt played in the previous games .

Really? i thought he looked like a player just plucked from Norwegian third division myself. No where near even this level (not alone tbf. Santos as well). Thats my main worry are some of these actually good enough to do what Evatt wants? i will wait ten league games before deciding tho.