Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Bolton v forest green

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You also said yesterday he should change to 4-4-2. He’s come in with a plan and to try and change the mentality. Whether we have the players and whether it comes good we will see. But after one half o

It is a football forum; if folk want to offer their tactical opinions, that's what its for. Just a socially distanced way of getting a defeat off your chest over a few ales with mates. Simpl

As a one off performance I can’t disagree with any of the negative comments being made; Players not living up to their billings, looking tactically naive, no defensive gelling what-so-ever, combinatio

15 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s those comments for me that are are completely reactionary after ONE GAME

A job they can’t do - They aren’t up to it- They won’t improve 

Absolute lunacy to be making those definitive judgements after one league game.

Yes today wasn’t good - doesn’t mean it will be like that for the rest of the season 

The concern I have is the centre backs don't look like they have the composure nor ball control to play out from the back successfully. Its been the same in 3 games. You can't teach players this in a few training sessions. Wouldnt surprise me if he  changes it up at the back.

That was like having a Root Canal treatment, Really bad 

3 competitive home fixtures against teams we expect to be in the mix with and 3 poor performances/ results. Needs to improve and quick 

We've got a decent budget for the level we are at, some good players for the division and we’ve had a reasonable amount of time to organise them 

No excuses this season 

3-4-1-2 the wing backs are genuinely useless for us forcing Delf & Doyle to drift wide leaving nobody in the centre. John Rooney was the main guy at Barrow in the hole behind the front two yet Sarce has been anonymous three games straight. The lack of pace & width is the main concern as without that it's ridiculously slow & lethargic no ideas. It doesn't matter who plays back three as they're all slow & can't control a simple ball whilst misplacing square three yard passes. I'll keep saying it if three at the back I want  Jones on the right of the three he's safe but useless going forward yet keeping a wing back in Hickman out who put more crosses in 60 mins than Jones & Gordon have in three matches. 3-4-3. Time to see Mascoll too Gordon doesn't even believe that hes capable of league 2 level. Sarce needs to drop deeper & be the steel opposed to the guile he's probably better breaking things up than being on the ball. White or Tutte alongside him as Comley hasn't provided anything yet he's looked lightweight for a supposed holding midfielde. The attack we need a solution to stop Doyle drifting wide maybe have Delf operate the Auba role, Doyle Centre which would mean Crawford/Miller operating right wing it's a major loss losing our only direct winger Politic. 

Edited by Deanu
2 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

The concern I have is the centre backs don't look like they have the composure nor ball control to play out from the back successfully. Its been the same in 3 games. You can't teach players this in a few training sessions. Wouldnt surprise me if he  changes it up at the back.

He’s not stopped trying to change it up:

He went Santos- Baptiste- Taft.  to  Brockbank- Delaney - Taft to Santos- Baptiste - Greenidge

He needs time to work out his best combination 

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

evatt  saying in is interview about getting rid of the clubs loosing mentality. Well changing the manager the  owners the whole coaching staff the whole playing staff and playing without  the fans 
May be a exorcism will work  we’re running out of options 

We've played one proper game, and lost 1-0.

15 minutes ago, Deanu said:

3-4-1-2 the wing backs are genuinely useless for us forcing Delf & Doyle to drift wide leaving nobody in the centre. John Rooney was the main guy at Barrow in the hole behind the front two yet Sarce has been anonymous three games straight. The lack of pace & width is the main concern as without that it's ridiculously slow & lethargic no ideas. It doesn't matter who plays back three as they're all slow & can't control a simple ball whilst misplacing square three yard passes. I'll keep saying it if three at the back I want  Jones on the right of the three he's safe but useless going forward yet keeping a wing back in Hickman out who put more crosses in 60 mins than Jones & Gordon have in three matches. 3-4-3. Time to see Mascoll too Gordon doesn't even believe that hes capable of league 2 level. Sarce needs to drop deeper & be the steel opposed to the guile he's probably better breaking things up than being on the ball. White or Tutte alongside him as Comley hasn't provided anything yet he's looked lightweight for a supposed holding midfielde. The attack we need a solution to stop Doyle drifting wide maybe have Delf operate the Auba role, Doyle Centre which would mean Crawford/Miller operating right wing it's a major loss losing our only direct winger Politic. 

How the fuck am I meant to read that

44 minutes ago, desperado said:

It’s those comments for me that are are completely reactionary after ONE GAME

A job they can’t do - They aren’t up to it- They won’t improve 

Absolute lunacy to be making those definitive judgements after one league game.

Yes today wasn’t good - doesn’t mean it will be like that for the rest of the season 

When I say they cant do that job, I mean that's not what they are.  They are full backs who can potentially pass a bit.  We've seen enough to know they aren't marauding overlapping tricky winger types with the pace and know-how to also defend well.  They are being asked to do a role they arent suited to, arent good enough for, in my opinion.

If they could concentrate on playing their normal roles they might be good enough.  Not dissimilar to Bridcutt at centre back, its not the player's fault if the manager asks them to play a different role.  But yes my opinion is they wont improve enough, they arent 19 or 20, they are established professionals, this is their level.

8 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

The culture of loosing and you can nearly smell it  excuse is a load of bollocks  not buying it . 
get it sorted 

Aye.  We've practically a whole new playing squad, new backroom staff and no fans in the ground. Where's this losing culture coming from? 

• Members
1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Gmr interview evatt “ had a letter of a Bolton fan telling me to play to 442 and smash it down the channels not for me “  

Well as a plan B it might work 

Who writes to a manager to ‘advise’ him?

• Members
42 minutes ago, desperado said:

He’s not stopped trying to change it up:

He went Santos- Baptiste- Taft.  to  Brockbank- Delaney - Taft to Santos- Baptiste - Greenidge

He needs time to work out his best combination 

Desperado, why don’t you come to your senses?

27 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

I can't be sure but I half remember him using that exact line/lie last season whilst at Barrow. 

Seen someone else say similar just now actually.

If that's the case, hmm. No comment on that just for the moment.