Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester V Bolton

Zico

1 hour ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

Probably them as well but we have a few; Santos was playing for some basketball team apparently

I know its tongue in cheek but I had a quick look at his career stats, and his "pedigree" isnt as low as some might think.  Darren Ferguson gave him a 3 year contract at Posh, and Barnet paid £100k for him when they were in the league.  Then he played in conference and was supposedly a stand out player, so there's no excuse based on his CV for him not to impress in Div 2.  Time will tell.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I know its tongue in cheek but I had a quick look at his career stats, and his "pedigree" isnt as low as some might think.  Darren Ferguson gave him a 3 year contract at Posh, and Barnet paid £100k for him when they were in the league.  Then he played in conference and was supposedly a stand out player, so there's no excuse based on his CV for him not to impress in Div 2.  Time will tell.

I thought he started well against Bradford. For some reason over the past three seasons our defenders seem to freeze and dont pick players up and he is that category

35 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Will 1000 Colchester fans get their team fired up? 

Joking aside, I hadnt thought of that.  We all want some fans back in grounds, even if its not our's, but then we will potentially play several away games against "crowds" compared to them coming to us in front of nobody.  Someone's going to kick off that its not a level playing field.  1000 at Accy or Macc is basically their home crowd.