Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester V Bolton

Zico

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Spider said:

Draw

this available via the BWFC ifollow or do we have to log in via the Colchester website?

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/how-to-watch-colchester-united-v-bolton-wanderers/

The Sky Bet League Two fixture will be available to stream via iFollow BWFC - for £10, with video match passes available to purchase by clicking here.

Edited by Cheese

Think he's been watching Spurs All or Nothing documentary. 

Lloris mentioned how hard it is to build confidence and easy to lose it and Evatt's said that here.

Jose was saying how all the Spurs players are nice lads but need to be a bunch of cunts on the pitch. Which Evatt is saying here but in a more PG fashion.

20 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

A clean slate for Saturday and we, can approach it positively hoping for an improvement in defence, midfield and attack.  Genuine question, would anyone NOT pick Crawford to start, and Darcy at least on the bench?  Do you anticipate improvement from the midfield picked v FGR or would you change personnel?

Unless Ali has not fully recovered from his injury Johnny, I see no reason why he isn’t the first name on the team sheet and more than that, why he isn’t Captain? Likewise, unless it’s more Ronan‘s attitude or fitness that’s in doubt, I can’t understand him not being a regular starter. Both to me would be ideal IE players so I’m really surprised they aren’t playing every game. However, IE sees the players every day so we have to trust him to pick his best side. Maybe he will change a few things round at Colchester and both Ali and Ronan will get a start. If they do I think we’ll see much more service to Doyle and Delfouneso, assuming they’re fit, or whoever plays there if not. I think several of the signings have underperformed even by their own standards so far so hopefully they’ll click soon and turn things round.

I think we're a long way from Darcy getting a start Whites, with only 3 places up for grabs.  And no obvious role for him in this formation, for the foreseeable I would settle for him getting a run from the bench when we go to 4 in midfield when chasing a game.  In truth I don't think we'll see him on the pitch this side of Christmas for more than a token run out, last 10 minutes of a game that's already over or whatever.  As poorly as Sarcevic played last week, I get why he's captain, with his record at Plymouth and apparently being a big personality in the club, which may not be Crawford's thing.  But Crawford has to start games surely, the rest can fit in around him.  White may become a good player, but is unproven above Conference whereas Crawford is an above average Div 1 player every day of the week.  Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Mantra said:

Think he's been watching Spurs All or Nothing documentary. 

Lloris mentioned how hard it is to build confidence and easy to lose it and Evatt's said that here.

Jose was saying how all the Spurs players are nice lads but need to be a bunch of cunts on the pitch. Which Evatt is saying here but in a more PG fashion.

Was just going to say the same thing haha

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Darcy is too lightweight for Evatt's requirements.

Aside from the centre backs, Sarcevic and Fonz, the rest of the team could be described as lightweight, including Crawford and Tutte and they were the best 2 midfielders by a mile.  I'm hoping IE would look at what a player can do rather than what qualities he doesn't have.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, captainmed said:

We will only get out of this division with physicality & brute strength.

Evatt knows this.

He looked the part in a shit league one team. Is the requirement for physicality so much less in that league?

Moreover, the big ones we had last week were immobile, slow, plodding and ofter physically disturbed by smaller players.

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

He looked the part in a shit league one team. Is the requirement for physicality so much less in that league?

Moreover, the big ones we had last week were immobile, slow, plodding and ofter physically disturbed by smaller players.

Agree with this

Of course you cannot have a team of players being muscled of the ball but we do need so players with speed and vision

• Site Supporter
33 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I hope to see some progress today -more defensively secure, playing more in their half and providing more chances for the frontmen.  I think we may lose though 1-2.

Yep, just need to see improvement/progress.

No idea what Colchester are like so any prediction is futile.

Wasn’t gonna watch but it’s nagging me, as usual...

On 17/09/2020 at 19:42, Johnnyrotten said:

I think we're a long way from Darcy getting a start Whites, with only 3 places up for grabs.  And no obvious role for him in this formation, for the foreseeable I would settle for him getting a run from the bench when we go to 4 in midfield when chasing a game.  In truth I don't think we'll see him on the pitch this side of Christmas for more than a token run out, last 10 minutes of a game that's already over or whatever.  As poorly as Sarcevic played last week, I get why he's captain, with his record at Plymouth and apparently being a big personality in the club, which may not be Crawford's thing.  But Crawford has to start games surely, the rest can fit in around him.  White may become a good player, but is unproven above Conference whereas Crawford is an above average Div 1 player every day of the week.  Fingers crossed.

Fair comments Johnny but I’m not having it that Ronan’s only suitable from off the bench or can’t fit into Evatts system. He’s better quality than anything IE has brought in and can at least see a pass to the strikers. I’d at least start him and give him a chance to see anyway but I think we can both agree that Ali should start every game, though you may be right about Captain material. Such a pity about DPs injury, he’d have made a world of difference to this team.

1 hour ago, Steejay said:

Yep, just need to see improvement/progress.

No idea what Colchester are like so any prediction is futile.

Wasn’t gonna watch but it’s nagging me, as usual...

Nor me, I'm only going off last years performance plus they seem to be well rated by most L2 pundits.