Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Colchester V Bolton

Zico

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Super Bock said:

Another +1 for miles better than last week but I suppose that’s not saying much.

89th in the football league but it’s always darkest before the dawn.

It’s going to take time but Evatt will turn this around.

i hope your right, but based on what?

every team knows we play out from the back, and slowly ,so they can get back and mark our players.

if we played quicker ,we might have a chance to play doyle in , but he always has two players on him.

our defence is as bad as we have ever had.

if we are playing colchester in league 2 next season ,we will have arrested the decline.

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I doubt Evatt will change but we need to be tough to beat, mentally and physically tough, which we aint

4 at the back and a DM. 

He won't change, but I'm pretty optimistic after today that we'll be fine this season, we've showed glimpses today that we'll be a decent team, I'll be giving IE about 10 games before I make my call.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Same fans.

8000+ of them paid up.

Massively positive sign.

None in the stadium, so not a single excuse can be lodged at supporters and the atmosphere in the stadium.

Plenty of time to get things right and no panic for sure, but if anyone at the club is struggling or feeling the pressure because of a few tatty comments on social media, then they're not really strong enough to be doing the job.

8 minutes ago, Ands1 said:

Keith Hill & Kenneth will be passing their sides at us right now.

Give the new manager time FFS, it's a brand new squad with about 18 players signed and a brand new playing style for the majority of them too, have some patience!

24 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

every team knows we play out from the back, and slowly ,so they can get back and mark our players.

if we played quicker ,we might have a chance to play doyle in , but he always has two players on him.

if we are playing colchester in league 2 next season ,we will have arrested the decline.

We were 2nd worst in Div 1 last season, so 2nd worst in Div 2 isnt arresting the decline, its a whole lot worse.  I don't think we'll finish that low, but lets not pretend stopping up is an achievement just because of last season's car crash on and off the field.  With the midfield and forwards at his disposal, IE would have to be a bad manager not to get enough of a tune out of them to be mid table.

8 minutes ago, Blondi said:

Give the new manager time FFS, it's a brand new squad with about 18 players signed and a brand new playing style for the majority of them too, have some patience!

Yes and Hill walked into a settled squad when he arrived, I think not.

Evatt is even more out of his depth than Hill ever was and he has no idea how to fix things. 

2 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Evatt is even more out of his depth than Hill ever was and he has no idea how to fix things. 

2 games in, crikey that must be a record! It was an improvement on last week for sure but he simply has to sort the defenders out. When he does we'll be fine.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

And was given plenty of time and support. Got better briefly, and then went on like a script writer off magic roundabout. Total loon.

At least Evatt can construct sentences and a conversation. 

As for his ability: no one's happy with performances, but saying he doesn't know how to sort it is foundless bollocks isn't it. In fact what little evidence there is, suggests the exact opposite. 

An improvement on last week, but marred by two giveaway goals and a lack of luck up top where nothing seems to drop for us.

Play out from the back? Fine, but not 25 fucking passes to get halfway, making Doyle & Delfouneso drop deep to see some action and then be out of position when it eventually goes forward.

Crellin, Baptiste & Santos poor today.
Hickman & Delfouneso our best today
One of Comley or White has to make way
And hopefully the Crawford wankfest will calm down a little, he's bang average, I'm afraid and you can apply that to Darcy too.

53 minutes ago, victor meldrew said:

There was certainty shoots of creativity when we did speed things up and Evatt’s track record at Barrow is evidence that this will work but it will take time.

I genuinely buy in to what we are trying to do. I know our game plan is laid bare for all to see, but with time we will get better at it and hopefully we will start to create more chances for Doyle and Delfouneso.

Agree that the defence needs to improve but we will get firing at the other end and hopefully these mistakes will not cost us games. This is League Two after all and we need to accept that the standard has dropped.

Edited by Super Bock

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I don't think Crawford is the absolute dogs bollocks either- not sure he has the legs/engine, but he can certainly see a pass.

He can see a pass but he’s knocking it 50 yards every time he gets it looking for a worldie, he needs to be more patient, play the simple pass, keep possession and stop forcing it every time he gets possession. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

He can see a pass but he’s knocking it 50 yards every time he gets it looking for a worldie, he needs to be more patient, play the simple pass, keep possession and stop forcing it every time. 

Aye, suggests that the pattern and style isn't fully functional yet, players still needing to gel and understand each other and the gaffer.

I think it will start to come together. 

32 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Aye, suggests that the pattern and style isn't fully functional yet, players still needing to gel and understand each other and the gaffer.

I think it will start to come together. 

I don’t know why but I’m quietly confident it’ll come together. Then watch us go. 

47 minutes ago, Traf said:

An improvement on last week, but marred by two giveaway goals and a lack of luck up top where nothing seems to drop for us.

Play out from the back? Fine, but not 25 fucking passes to get halfway, making Doyle & Delfouneso drop deep to see some action and then be out of position when it eventually goes forward.

Crellin, Baptiste & Santos poor today.
Hickman & Delfouneso our best today
One of Comley or White has to make way
And hopefully the Crawford wankfest will calm down a little, he's bang average, I'm afraid and you can apply that to Darcy too.

Crawford isnt a championship player in the making, like arguably Politic could be.  He's an above average Div 1 midfielder, I saw enough of that division last season and the year we got promoted, to say that.  If he was poor today I'll take your word for it but he's better than average in this division.  Last week in his half hour he was playing on a different level to the midfield of both teams.  And we haven't seen Darcy play for 6 months, not sure how you think he's worse than say Comley or White based on what we've seen (they may improve).

Just now, Johnnyrotten said:

Crawford isnt a championship player in the making, like arguably Politic could be.  He's an above average Div 1 midfielder, I saw enough of that division last season and the year we got promoted, to say that.  If he was poor today I'll take your word for it but he's better than average in this division.  Last week in his half hour he was playing on a different level to the midfield of both teams.  And we haven't seen Darcy play for 6 months, not sure how you think he's worse than say Comley or White based on what we've seen (they may improve).

Let’s not forget Crawford had a bad injury and still is getting back his match fitness, if he gets back to his usual levels he’ll rip it up at this level.