Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Actually just checked it strongly advises bar is shut, I guess a lot will ignore that

It’s where much of their revenue is made. If the instruction allows them to decide in-house, they aren’t closing their income stream. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, MickyD said:

It’s where much of their revenue is made. If the instruction allows them to decide in-house, they aren’t closing their income stream. 

Risk management here. What happens if bars open, fans have a few, compliance drops and shortly after restrictions get increased.

Must be really difficult to assess the best way to go.

Could be some good news here - Being reported in Tomorrows Daily Telegraph that Premier League to bail out the EFL Clubs 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/23/premier-league-will-bail-efl-cost-strict-conditions-expected/

Premier League will bail out EFL... but at what cost? Strict conditions expected on support package worth up to £250m

Any rescue package likely to be limited to underwriting lost gate receipts, with EFL clubs needing to provide clear evidence to that effect

Argh got a couple of paragraphs in before the paywall triggered! Any mention of Premier League U23/B Teams in there?

I remain hopeful the tinpot trophy is as far as they'll get but the tinfoil hat side of me still worries they're destined for league football at some point.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Argh got a couple of paragraphs in before the paywall triggered! Any mention of Premier League U23/B Teams in there?

I remain hopeful the tinpot trophy is as far as they'll get but the tinfoil hat side of me still worries they're destined for league football at some point.

If that happens they may as well close the door.   

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Shazza has a new message on the website, I did like her little dig at Colchester 😁

As was made clear by our friends at Colchester United, the response we have received through the EFL’s iFollow streaming service has been extraordinary. We are in discussions with the EFL about iFollow and how it could be enhanced and it will remain available whilst supporters are unable to return to the Stadium.

Not sure where the dig at Colchester is in that.

With our numbers paying for iFollow and the Season Ticket holders paid up hopefully we will be in a good position this year. 

Be good if we could keep the good will up next season and folk pay again. I imagine this will be more difficult going forward. 

• Moderators

FA Cup draw tomoz, Conf North teams who aren't playing as they are "elite sport" are in it. Potentially Colls draw Chorley but at theirs it's behind closed doors or at ours there's 600 on.

Edited by Carlos

• Site Supporter

Did I say, a week before season started, that one of the Rochdale White was advised against buying full priced tickets as there were no guarantees of seeing a game this side of Christmas despite the current hope was for October.

He was told, if he wanted to secure his seat, buy kids tickets and then upgrade later. So his 2x£50 for a season’s worth of iFollow equates to my monthly outlay. 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, MickyD said:

Did I say, a week before season started, that one of the Rochdale White was advised against buying full priced tickets as there were no guarantees of seeing a game this side of Christmas despite the current hope was for October.

He was told, if he wanted to secure his seat, buy kids tickets and then upgrade later. So his 2x£50 for a season’s worth of iFollow equates to my monthly outlay. 

That's very honourable of the club.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

What's he said then?

Must admit, without the full story, her comments seem quite warm.

Has he been cunty?

I think he bemoaned the fact that we sold a couple of thousand iFollow passes of which the first 500 went to them (less efl’s cut) and the remaining 1500 + (also less the EFL cut) went to us. 

His point was that had it been an open stadium and we’d sold 2000, all of that money would be theirs less the 5% commission to the away club.

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I think he bemoaned the fact that we sold a couple of thousand iFollow passes of which the first 500 went to them (less efl’s cut) and the remaining 1500 + (also less the EFL cut) went to us. 

His point was that had it been an open stadium and we’d sold 2000, all of that money would be theirs less the 5% commission to the away club.

What a witless twat he is then. He should be grateful so many of us wanted to chip in. Without i follow hed have got nowt. Cunt.

I don't think the Colchester chairman was criticising BWFC, more about the system in place set by iFollow/EFL?

I also don't think Shazza was having any kind of dig at Colchester, she's far too classy for that.

I read between the lines that she was praising BWFC fans that had purchased STs and also the away iFollow match passes, and in a way encouraging them to keep buying the away passes....

I may be wrong though....

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, jeep said:

I don't think the Colchester chairman was criticising BWFC, more about the system in place set by iFollow/EFL?

I also don't think Shazza was having any kind of dig at Colchester, she's far too classy for that.

I read between the lines that she was praising BWFC fans that had purchased STs and also the away iFollow match passes, and in a way encouraging them to keep buying the away passes....

I may be wrong though....

That’s how I saw it.

Colchester mon seems a bit soft, but that's nowt to do with bwfc.

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Personally I'm quite happy I paid full price even though I had no wage coming in at the time to help the club out, but each to their own.

• Members

Our owners literally saved us from going under and being no more, buying my ST despite Me knowing full well seeing us in the ground this year was a long shot was the easiest decision I could have made. 
And paying £10 a game to watch it on Ifollow is still cheaper than what I would  spend on a match day 

FFS we’ve got a club.

I think most folk fully appreciate what the owners have done and if people can write off season ticket payments fair play 

however goodwill will only continue for a certain amount of time not forgetting last year’s payments written off

like I said other day no football this year most won’t mind but going further payments will get scrapped