Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Always knew I spent a fair few quid at the football but it’s only really sunk in how much since all this 

You can't take it with you. You'll be a long time sat in front of TV not knowing what day it is and talking to your plants.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Horwich said:

Good money making exercise. Open exhibition hall, LOV and West stand suite. ST Holders only. 

Great idea. How realistic would this be? When are we due to hear about these extra incentives/ideas?

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I reckon D/D contributes to a good chunk of the 8k we have 

This.

2 hours ago, tomski said:

Yeah deffo. Not if we have loads of cancellations though

But also this.

Mine's £53 a month for Junior & I and I could probably do with not spending it, but it's cheaper than actually going to the game, I still get to see the game with my daughter and it keeps our seats for whenever we can go back. Plus the club need the money.

18 hours ago, tomski said:

Yeah deffo. Not if we have loads of cancellations though

I pay £43 a month as do the majority of lads I go with, I budgeted for it so for me it's not a hardship to carry on paying it, same goes for the lads I go with. I do know it's not the same for everyone especially if you have to explain it to your wife or partner who may not feel the same about BWFC as you do 🙄 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I pay £43 a month as do the majority of lads I go with, I budgeted for it so for me it's not a hardship to carry on paying it, same goes for the lads I go with. I do know it's not the same for everyone especially if you have to explain it to your wife or partner who may not feel the same about BWFC as you do 🙄 

Wife fully understands and attends games with me. What she doesn’t understand is the willingness to spend £1000 in 10 months on watching football on telly that looks like a bloke with an iPhone on a tripod is filming it.

7 hours ago, MickyD said:

Wife fully understands and attends games with me. What she doesn’t understand is the willingness to spend £1000 in 10 months on watching football on telly that looks like a bloke with an iPhone on a tripod is filming it.

That's a bit harsh on the video quality of an iPhone.

Looked like it was filmed on a betamax camcorder from the 80's

13 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Seems to be a concerted effort tonight between a number of official club twitter accounts to highlight the "go to the cinema" comments from Johnson and ask why cant fans be allowed back into stadiums.

Arent some of the cinemas also showing selected premier league games live??

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Seems to be a concerted effort tonight between a number of official club twitter accounts to highlight the "go to the cinema" comments from Johnson and ask why cant fans be allowed back into stadiums.

With good reason - Was listening to Tim Vickery on the radio who mentioned a report about relative risk with regard to Covid and he referred to this table  - you will note going to the cinema is marginally safer than going to football - and both are classified as high risk https://abc7.com/covid-19-activity-risk-chart-calculator-for-assessment/6305611/

6300204_risk-chart.jpg

Just now, Ghana White said:

Got told by a mate in Peterborough that the local pubs there are showing posh on ifollow? That happening in Bolton seems a good idea not sure on legality of it? Surely German crowds will provide data to see if it's safe in the ground?

There's statements on the half time stats that it's not for commercial use. 

I'd imagine the pubs are the same type to when the flying flute was showing games to megsons millions of lost fans didn't have to schlep up to Horwich