Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I missed a mates wedding to go to that. Turned up a tad tipsy at night though. To be fair, should have won by more too, Leicester were particularly poor that day as well as us playing very wel

I did the opposite and went to a wedding

Was doing post wedding drinks in the bride's parents garden around 4pm and my phone didn't stop going off, so i took myself off to one side to take a call

Bit pissed and said something like "i can't believe I missed this for a fucking wedding"

Hung up, looked up and saw everyone in ear shot looking at me in disgust

Not seen the lad since either

One of life's regrets

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I've never noticed the lone screamer before, could be one of the players! What a day.

I've also just noticed someone saying "put it in, put it in".

Probably the same person

Edited by ZicoKelly

It don’t matter if the Queen signs this petition, It ain’t happening.

Lots of decent people’s livelihoods have being destroyed & the Govt don’t give a fcuk. I’ve been disgusted by their incompetence.

Football will be right down the list of any re-start.

“When dictatorship is a fact, then revolution becomes a right”.

I cannot believe the young have been so tolerant.

For me it’s about the Kids. They will never get those life experiences back.

The fall-out from this, both socially, mentally & economically will be astronomical.

What a mess.

BTW. The number of deaths in England and Wales between July and September of 2020 was lower than in any other quarter on record.

Edited by captainmed

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, captainmed said:

It don’t matter if the Queen signs this petition, It ain’t happening.

Lots of decent people’s livelihoods have being destroyed & the Govt don’t give a fcuk. I’ve been disgusted by their incompetence.

Football will be right down the list of any re-start.

“When dictatorship is a fact, then revolution becomes a right”.

I cannot believe the young have been so tolerant.

For me it’s about the Kids. They will never get those life experiences back.

The fall-out from this, both socially, mentally & economically will be astronomical.

What a mess.

BTW. The number of deaths in England and Wales between July and September of 2020 was lower than in any other quarter on record.

Totally agree. Football fans pump billions into the economy, food, drink, travel, hotels etc yet we are still treated like the 70’s Neanderthals.

This government are totally inept. Fuckin Hancock is the worst of the lot - the Tory Abbott.

I know many will disagree but I’m sick to death of the liberals being offended at everything and ramming gender equality down my throat and sexual orientation at us from every angle. Balls to them. By all means have it, just don’t mither me with it. I don’t go around telling tee totallers to get wankered or telling people who don’t like football to stop being a pussy.

Anyhow, back to subject. We won’t be back in grounds this side of xmas. Boris OUT

I really want people back in the grounds and I think its possible to design it safely and implement it, my worry is from what I've seen non league wise people will fuck it up and not follow the guidelines then it'll be back to square one. Hope I'm wrong I heard Middlesbrough one was done very well but I'm not confident. Hopefully hospitality events go alright.

On 09/10/2020 at 23:44, ZicoKelly said:

I did the opposite and went to a wedding

Was doing post wedding drinks in the bride's parents garden around 4pm and my phone didn't stop going off, so i took myself off to one side to take a call

Bit pissed and said something like "i can't believe I missed this for a fucking wedding"

Hung up, looked up and saw everyone in ear shot looking at me in disgust

Not seen the lad since either

One of life's regrets

Ace zico :D

5 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

I really want people back in the grounds and I think its possible to design it safely and implement it, my worry is from what I've seen non league wise people will fuck it up and not follow the guidelines then it'll be back to square one. Hope I'm wrong I heard Middlesbrough one was done very well but I'm not confident. Hopefully hospitality events go alright.

Went boro yesterday and was talking to the club secretary who said officials are looking closely at the non league set up as clubs want to prove it can be done

beer was on sale yesterday but that’s being monitored closely it’s the young city wankers who will spoil it here 

Selling beer at stockton during matches, means people aren't wearing masks but not seen any big problems with it. In all seater grounds theres definitely a strong argument to say its safer then being in pubs. I've seen no information about people catching it from non league besides a charity match near Sunderland where 30 caught it but that sounded like a free for all. Social distancing definitely easier with reduced capacity but a lot aren't doing it. That's my worry that officials see people stood in big groups in stands and put their foot down.

My MP found his way along to Solihull Moors yesterday...not gone down to well with season ticket holders !

He is the Chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee though so hopefully will be putting the case forward...if not then open season on him

• Members
On 09/10/2020 at 21:32, ZicoKelly said:

My all time favourite pause before the goal type thing is this

Frandsen's free kick to make it 4-0 at Leicester

You can hear one bloke cheer a split second before everyone else does, he clearly knew it was going in

Frandsen was like a man possessed that day. Incredible player, my favourite of all time.

6 hours ago, Ghana White said:

I think that’s a bit more of a natural consequence of the set up of the grounds though. Dedicated turnstiles and allocated seating should more than see that off. Wouldn’t expect the concourses to be open though personally. Brighton were allowed to sell at their test event but they probably found a loophole because of their concourse being partially outdoors. 

3 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I think that’s a bit more of a natural consequence of the set up of the grounds though. Dedicated turnstiles and allocated seating should more than see that off. Wouldn’t expect the concourses to be open though personally. Brighton were allowed to sell at their test event but they probably found a loophole because of their concourse being partially outdoors. 

Yep I think you could be right. How are colls doing with the restrictons?

28 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

Yep I think you could be right. How are colls doing with the restrictons?

Comfortably the best of the five grounds I’ve been to so far this season. One way system around the ground, everyone quite well spread out and outdoor bar to avoid the clubhouse becoming too congested. 

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, whiteboy said:

My MP found his way along to Solihull Moors yesterday...not gone down to well with season ticket holders !

He is the Chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee though so hopefully will be putting the case forward...if not then open season on him

Presumably that depends upon the level of compliance he witnessed. Finger crossed all was good.