Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just read that Chelsea are charging season ticket holders from last season £75 & £40 for the Leeds game if successful in the ballot, £75 wow and you don’t get the full matchday experience 

Not sure how much the average BWFC season ticket holder has spent since March, without seeing 1 second of live football,full matchday experience or not, but its more than £75.

1 hour ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Not sure how much the average BWFC season ticket holder has spent since March, without seeing 1 second of live football,full matchday experience or not, but its more than £75.

Best not to think about it :(

3 hours ago, Take Hunt Off said:

We need to be back in the ground , worry about dickheads later.

Vaccine won’t stop it spreading although it should have positive effects. 

Flue vaccine doesn’t stop flue.

Covid in one form or another will be around for a long time .

We need our lives back.We can’t carry on like this indefinitely.

You're right, neither flu nor covid will be wiped out any time soon, but you'd think far more of the population (here and abroad) will get the covid vaccine compared to flu (only 1.5mil in UK last year) so it should make a big dent in it eventually.

On 02/12/2020 at 07:52, Mr Grey said:

An article on BBC sport about a poll regarding fans return to football, states out of 2100 football fans polled (wow that's a lot!), 45% said they wont return without a vaccine.

Seriously, who are these fans? Why only 2100 ?

The other statistics are quite unbelievable too, worth a read for the comedy value, and they've come up with all this analysis from 2100 fans (so-called).

I am starting to believe that Freddy Starr ate that hamster 🙄

Don't reckon I'll go back without a vaccine.

I honestly don't miss it at all. I can wait a bit longer. I'm definitely done with season tickets.

Paying for games I can't go to? What fucking nonsense is that? 

Edited by mickbrown

31 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Don't reckon I'll go back without a vaccine.

I honestly don't miss it at all. I can wait a bit longer. I'm definitely done with season tickets.

Paying for games I can't go to? What fucking nonsense is that? 

It’s about having a club to support; I can afford the season ticket and enjoying watching the games on iFollow but we will be back soon and I am not bothered about a few quid. It’s your choice but it’s not nonsense 

Edited by RUREADY2ROLL

22 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

It’s about having a club to support; I can afford the season ticket and enjoying watching the games on iFollow but we will be back soon and I am. It bothered about a few quid. It’s your choice but it’s not nonsense 

Not on about this season, you're getting to see games even if it is just on tv.

I'm talking about the previous 20 seasons when I must have missed at least 5 games a season. Over a hundred games I've paid for and not gone to. Now that is the very definition of fucking nonsense.

My mate is a City season ticket holder. Lives in London and if he can't get back up for a game he sells it back to the club.

I realise you need a full house for a scheme like that and we ain't ever going to have that. Hence my season ticket days are over I reckon.

Edited by mickbrown

56 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

I'm talking about the previous 20 seasons when I must have missed at least 5 games a season. Over a hundred games I've paid for and not gone to. Now that is the very definition of fucking nonsense.

My mate is a City season ticket holder. Lives in London and if he can't get back up for a game he sells it back to the club.

I realise you need a full house for a scheme like that and we ain't ever going to have that. Hence my season ticket days are over I reckon.

Each to their own but anyone who has laid out this season deserves a pat on the back

3 hours ago, green genie said:

Argo have allocated seats to ST holders on earliest purchase for all games. Caused a stink for 4000 not getting anything especially as now coming to light people who bought in first hour have missed out and people later are in. 

Bet it’s a minefield. How do you possibly allocate it.

9 hours ago, marple whites said:

As soon as I can, I’m back.

The whole match day experience, when that is what you have done for so long, is so hard without.

Just read the premier league protocol for fans returning today, no excessive chanting/singing and the mask to be worn

if I get selected for a game great but I won’t lose sleep if not 

Edited by radcliffe white

On 03/12/2020 at 11:30, mickbrown said:

There are ST holders who can't make a handful of games a season.

There are others who, for good reason(s), only get the opportunity to get to a handful.

If the two came together and the shit fan 😉 paid a mandatory tenner or fifteen quid to the loyal fan 😀 to offset some of the loss - everyone's happy.

Only downside is the club would miss out on walk-ups.

How many walk-ups on regular priced matchdays have we been getting on our slide down the leagues though? Not many I'd venture.

I couldn't make it every game our last season in The Championship - but I finally found a source for the Yeti/Nessie-like £10 'community' tickets, I'd buy one and if I could make it great, if not I'd lost a tenner.

When I couldn't go I'd offer the ticket(s) to lapsed Whites mates and family members and I literally couldn't give them away.

If we're not allowed back en masse until Spring I'm really going to miss night matches...Especially as I'd took to acting my age for these matches and going in the WSL - away from the ESL yobbos, who no doubt would've mocked the steel flask, filled with real Latte laced with Whisky I'd taken to bringing for sustenance on these chilly nights. 😃

These flasks would also cause the illuminated sign of The Sweet Green Tavern to act like a siren luring me onto the rocks on emerging from Trinity Street.

Four or five swift pints later and 'merry' would become drunk, and being rough as fuck in work the next day.

On 04/12/2020 at 06:15, Biggish Dave said:

All season ticket holders not old enough for concessions should get 1st dibs. If too many apply, then them who aren’t on the priority list go second.

If that’s still more than 2000, them who went to AFC Wimbledon come next

What about those who went to Colchester, Doncaster, Barrow, Cambridge & Leyton etc....

🤣

When we’re out of the lockdown/tier 3, we’re back on the road.

PS. The first sentence is humour, and in no way, shape or form do I ever think that I am “up there” with many of the super-fans off here.

Edited by captainmed

4 minutes ago, captainmed said:

What about those who went to Colchester, Doncaster, Barrow, Cambridge & Leyton etc....

🤣

When we’re out of the lockdown/tier 3, we’re back on the road.

PS. The first sentence is humour, and in no way, shape or form do I ever think that I am “up there” with many of the super-fans off here.

didn't see you on the step ladder with Connor😄