Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Macclesfield Town

deane koontz

4 hours ago, Revelredne1961 said:

I have just switched on Sky news, that gray haired Scottish twat has just said "only one story to talk about today Baileys move back to Spurs" tell that to Macclesfield fans you sad t*at, rant over, but I am beginning to hate him 

I may be completely wrong, but wasn't that on The Transfer Show that they do at 5pm and 7pm most days?  If it was, his headline is understandable, if it was just routine sports news headlines I agree with you.

25 minutes ago, tomski said:

Jim white is a gimp. He gets arsey about supping because he can’t handle his ale.

He's an absolutely massive arsehole, who thinks that he can make something sound exciting/interesting just by shouting. He has the look of a man who thinks it's acceptable to dunk biscuits into his tea

10 minutes ago, Sweep said:

He's an absolutely massive arsehole, who thinks that he can make something sound exciting/interesting just by shouting. He has the look of a man who thinks it's acceptable to dunk biscuits into his tea

It'd not surprise me if he went a step further and did a 'Kevin Webster'.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Its so wrong that some clubs can have crowds in, even if its only 500 or so, and others who have bigger outgoings (as they are more likely to have professional players) cant take any gate money. 

I don’t think it’s necessarily wrong in as much as there’s a big difference between Northern Prem and much higher up the food chain. The categorisation of Conference North as elite is a piss take though, albeit one of their own (or, more precisely, York’s) creation.  

On 16/09/2020 at 16:31, Steejay said:

Who owns their ground?

You'd have thought that it would be worth a few bob in leafy Cheshire.

It’s not in the best area of Macclesfield. Behind it is The Moss council estate and to the right of it is an Audi dealer then a retail park so highly unlikely they would build expensive houses.

I think the council owns the land and it would be good if some social housing was built on the site if the club folds.

Let’s face it, we could get 8k-10k in our place spread around the ground within a reasonable level of risk (similar to shops and pubs etc) 

Most other league 1, league 2 and national league should be able to have a % of people in the ground 

Madness that the government are stopping them, they have completely lost the plot now, 

I suppose one of the benefits of having a tiny ground is running costs will be low so its feasible to have a Northern Premier League team or whatever playing there, unlike if us or Wigan etc were in the same situation.  They've got plenty of time to get things moving to apply for a league from next season, good luck to em.