Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

US PGA

freds dad

Starts tomorrow and as I couldn't find a thread I thought I'd start one.

It looks to be a different event without spectators and also being later in the year means that there is less daylight hours to play in so will more players be put on the clock?

I would like Justine Rose to win but t will probably be one of the Yanks.

8 hours ago, freds dad said:

Starts tomorrow and as I couldn't find a thread I thought I'd start one.

It looks to be a different event without spectators and also being later in the year means that there is less daylight hours to play in so will more players be put on the clock?

I would like Justine Rose to win but t will probably be one of the Yanks.

John Rahm will win with a score of 2 over par. Although it is actually US Open is nt it ? 

Edited by Ani

On 17/09/2020 at 18:43, L/H White said:

course playing a lost easier that i expected today, didnt see -5 leading

backed, Simpson, Casey, Hovland, English, Stenson & Reavie, rude not to lob on with 11 places with skybet

pins will be tucked away tomorrow, they won't wont 10+ under winning this

Harris English 2nd best thus far

backed, Simpson, Casey, Hovland, English, Stenson & Reavie, rude not to lob on with 11 places with skybet

I enjoy the US open exactly because the winner is usually barely below par. Essentially the USGA are bastards. They select tough courses and set them up at their absolute harshest. A few courses (including Winged Foot) manage to stand the test of time with the USGA and get selected many times over the decades.

This is my favourite major - even more so than our own Open Championship.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

I enjoy the US open exactly because the winner is usually barely below par. Essentially the USGA are bastards. They select tough courses and set them up at their absolute harshest. A few courses (including Winged Foot) manage to stand the test of time with the USGA and get selected many times over the decades.

This is my favourite major - even more so than our own Open Championship.

Aye. They like the course to win, which is how it should be.

I must admit that the Masters is still my favourite.

Any UK Open at St Andrews is dull as fuck. Commentators wanking over a dead easy course and a small footbridge does nowt for me. I like watching the cunts struggle.

Like I have to.

Edited by Spider

Just now, Spider said:

Any UK Open at St Andrews is dull as fuck. Commentators wanking over a dead easy course and a small footbridge does nowt for me. I like watching the cunts struggle.

St Andrews is just too small now and gets eaten alive by the big hitters. As is often the case with the Open Championship nowadays you need the weather to become unpredictable to give them a test.

Very occasionally the USGA go a bit too far. Chambers Bay in 2015 was a bloodbath. They could do worse than increase the frequency of trusted favourites like Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Oakmont, Pebble Beach, Baltusrol and the like. But overall they are good judges.

I love the Masters too.... but part of the charm is that it signals Spring. Having it in November is going to very, very strange.

The poor old PGA ... the Ringo Starr of the majors. Its one distinguishing feature of difficulty is that it was often played in blazing heat. Then they shifted it from August to May and even that feature went. COVID meant that this year for one year only it returned to its rightful slot.

12 hours ago, paulhanley said:

St Andrews is just too small now and gets eaten alive by the big hitters. As is often the case with the Open Championship nowadays you need the weather to become unpredictable to give them a test.

Very occasionally the USGA go a bit too far. Chambers Bay in 2015 was a bloodbath. They could do worse than increase the frequency of trusted favourites like Winged Foot, Shinnecock Hills, Oakmont, Pebble Beach, Baltusrol and the like. But overall they are good judges.

I love the Masters too.... but part of the charm is that it signals Spring. Having it in November is going to very, very strange.

The poor old PGA ... the Ringo Starr of the majors. Its one distinguishing feature of difficulty is that it was often played in blazing heat. Then they shifted it from August to May and even that feature went. COVID meant that this year for one year only it returned to its rightful slot.

A masters in November could be carnage. Play a lot touger, which i prefer 

13 minutes ago, L/H White said:

A masters in November could be carnage. Play a lot touger, which i prefer 

You could well be right. I was thinking more of the general atmosphere at Augusta. It'll be intriguing on many fronts. If the weather is turbulent it'll stir things right up. 

Benign conditions at Winged Foot today. 

• Members
On 19/09/2020 at 08:29, Spider said:

Like I have to.

Masters and The Ryder cup are my two favourite events outside of football. 

Sergio winning the masters is one of my favourite moments in sport.

happy with that, 22/1 and 60/1 places

would have been 4 placed if it wasnt for casey and hovland both doubling the last