Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

pwopa Nawty

Youri McAnespie

• Members

I remember my mate not being allowed into Jaxx because he didn’t have a collar, just a jumper on so he just said fuck it and tried to walk in anyways, bouncer grabbed him by the neck and accidentally snapped his necklace off his neck, out of pure adrenaline my mate spun around and dropped this bouncer, spark out, the other bouncers waded in and gave him a proper beating. 
Nasty stuff 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Scamps had some fairly handy bouncers back in the day. Late 70’s - early 80’s

Best I ever saw was Trev Roberts deal with eight dickheads single handedly. His rules, when other doormen visited his club (I think it was called Bergeracs on Mawdesley Street) was not to get involved in anything unless invited. The reasoning was that he hits out at anything in his way and doesn’t have the time to make a snap decision of friend or foe.

These eight lads decided to take him on. Big mistake! We just sat there admiring his thumps and kicks. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Probably been said before but does anyone else think Peter Kay based doorman Max on Mr Robert's?

I reckon it is an amalgamation of a few. Ian Birtwistle, former doorman at Maxwell’s Plum and latterly funeral director on Halliwell Road is In there as well.

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Good Knee said:

Probably been said before but does anyone else think Peter Kay based doorman Max on Mr Robert's?

Just had a google of him. I reckon you could be closer with TR than I am with Ian Birtwistle.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Always amazed me that folk could go in with a tenners worth of clothes from matalan but not with a few hundred quids worth from Gucci or Armani if it included jeans, trainers or no collar.

aye, I sacked off anywhere that had a dress code when I moved to Manc in 99

not that I wore expensive informal Gucci or Armani, but fuck going in anywhere that demand you dress a certain way

• Members
1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, I sacked off anywhere that had a dress code when I moved to Manc in 99

not that I wore expensive informal Gucci or Armani, but fuck going in anywhere that demand you dress a certain way

Yeah once I could go in 42’s and 5th ave in trainers I never looked back 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

And Paddy, nailed on.

Handy little fucker is TR, although he must be mellowing a bit by now Shirley?

I don't think he needed to prove he was hard by filling in and bullying pissed up kids like some back in the day , he was a proper hard man .

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Always amazed me that folk could go in with a tenners worth of clothes from matalan but not with a few hundred quids worth from Gucci or Armani if it included jeans, trainers or no collar.

Bolton was backwards in that respect to clothing requirements compared to the other surrounding competing town centres.