Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fifteen years ago...

MickyD

Got free tickets through work and sat in the Colin Bell (main).stand with the City fans. Difficult not to smirk every time they hit the woodwork and when Diouff won our last minute pen.

Sibierski was their star man; how times change.

Pre-match was having a beer on the concourse and a lot of press were milling around. One was Japanese so we asked

"H a v e   y o u  c o m e   t o  s e e    N a k a t a?"

to which he replied in a broad cockney accent "Yeah mate". He worked for a Japanese press agency and was assigned to watching all our matches.

Edited by Mannyroader

The Mrs worked at the Manchester Evening news at that time and we watched it from their executive box.  There were 4 of us Wanderers fans in there and they asked us to come inside and celebrate if we scored.  Feck that! It was worth the dogs abuse we got when we did.  I even shouted "Justice!" just to annoy them a bit more 😄

• Members
Just now, Underpants said:

You can keep your last minute winners. There's no better feeling than getting absolutely mullered and walking away with 3pts.

Hull away was another one, Jussi had an absolute stormer, best performance in a whites shirt IMO

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Underpants said:

You can keep your last minute winners. There's no better feeling than getting absolutely mullered and walking away with 3pts.

Aye, but it was a last minute winner

So even better

4 hours ago, Underpants said:

Agreed.  Trouble is I'm struggling to think of the last time that happened.  I would absolutely love us to play crap and win 1-0 away. in fact 0-0 would be heaven.  Genuinely cant think of it happening since that Hull game mentioned above.  I'd settle for us going 20 minutes under pressure without conceding never mind a whole game.  At Hull I came away thinking Smolarek was going to be a big player for us.