Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fifteen years ago...

MickyD

49 minutes ago, snowball said:

Watched that in Arkwrights with a mate whos no longer with us. Gary Speed as well. Happy and sad memories at same time. 15 years ago. Fuck me where has that time gone?

I'm finding myself thinking that more and more now we're getting to 10, 12, 15+ years after those great times. Squads, mates, pubs, experiences that are long gone.

The last time I went to Arkwrights it was bonfire night and people were just showing up to throw anything they could find on it, a bed went on at one point complete with mattress and duvet 🤣

22 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'm finding myself thinking that more and more now we're getting to 10, 12, 15+ years after those great times. Squads, mates, pubs, experiences that are long gone.

The last time I went to Arkwrights it was bonfire night and people were just showing up to throw anything they could find on it, a bed went on at one point complete with mattress and duvet 🤣

Aye it seemed that sort of place :lol:. dont think ive been in since. What i do remember is commentary and picture werent in synch so all pub celebrated before we saw it! then celebrated again on screen. Even better coz we all knew wed stolen the win and at City too. Special moment that looking back.

Wonder if celebrating our goals in packed pub is a thing of past as well? 

1 minute ago, snowball said:

Aye it seemed that sort of place ::lol::. dont think ive been in since. What i do remember is commentary and picture werent in synch so all pub celebrated before we saw it! then celebrated again on screen. Even better coz we all knew wed stolen the win and at City too. Special moment that looking back.

Wonder if celebrating our goals in packed pub is a thing of past as well? 

Ive not been past in years but I think it's been razed to the ground actually! Back in the days of going in places like the Greenwood, Toll Bar or the Vic in Horwich to see if they were showing us on a dodgy stream and the place being packed if they were. 2 of those places are gone now too.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Ive not been past in years but I think it's been razed to the ground actually! Back in the days of going in places like the Greenwood, Toll Bar or the Vic in Horwich to see if they were showing us on a dodgy stream and the place being packed if they were. 2 of those places are gone now too.

Queens Head was always good for dodgy streams

Also gone

• Moderators
Just now, Marc505 said:

That was a mad place, looked so traditional and unassuming from the outside, inside they'd be playing donk at full blast with people going wild in there.

Landlords brother running an illegal bookies in there most days too