Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newport

gonzo

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

Maybe that's what we need though? These players need a huge lift. They just look bereft to me.

One of the advantages we have is having a big crowd behind us for this level. That's missing obviously at the moment - so more of a level playing field!

Absolutely agree.

They needed a rocket up there arse today. A crowd would of gave them it

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Perhaps it’s because the 2 he slagged off were fucking shite. 

They were most of the time but both got slagged off by Henshaw despite decent passes because maybe they didn’t pick out the man that they can see from 60 feet up in the stands but they didn’t from pitch level.

Jesus. It could/should have been 7

Not sure why he took Crawford off when we needed to score

Need to drop the goalie and santos, play tuff for Conley to start with and to not play out from the back as we’re not good enough

Still convinced if we give Doyle and Delfonso the service that they will score goals

Comley & Santos are crap .Goalie is still a novice 

That’s the spine of the team 

No wonder we are in trouble.

Taft is ok at this level 

Gethin & Gordon have no positional sense 

White is another novice

Not sure what Evatt can do Delaney can’t be worse than Santos surely?

I’m heading out of town to get leathered.

• Site Supporter
Just now, MickyD said:

They were most of the time but both got slagged off by Henshaw despite decent passes because maybe they didn’t pick out the man that they can see from 60 feet up in the stands but they didn’t from pitch level.

To be fair he slagged White off as well 😁

7 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Harrogate away looks daunting. The whole season looks daunting.

Never thought I'd see days as grim as this.

Me too.  I just cant see a goal coming, or a clean sheet.  If we were ever in the lead it would be no trouble for the other team to equalise, the opponents so far haven't got into 2nd gear, they dont need to. If Newport had needed to score 3 more today they could have.  I would love to see a decent cross, just one in a game, or a good shot, something to latch onto, but its like we're playing in treacle.  The only players that seem to be capable of moving the ball more than 10 yards are Crawford and Delfounso, everyone else plays like its a 5 a side game, and not very well.

Weird one today, had brief moments where I could see real progress in possession and thought we looked much more dangerous than in previous games. Especially end of the first half and start of the second half. Fonz's goal seemed harsh to rule out but if it hit his hand then I can understand it being disallowed. Saying that we could've been 3-0 down from corners alone after 20 minutes.

The stuffing knocked out of us after the second goal went in and then made 3 substitutes and played even worse! What is clear is that our defending is tragic at times and needs major improvement with either time, a new signing or a new formation. Both goals we conceded were awful. Too easy for them to get a shot away and Crellin needs to sort it out, don't see how Alexander or Gilks could do worse. He made that awful error last week when he rushed out and got lobbed and has spilled two shots today straight into another attacker. Drop him.

15 minutes ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Ive not seen one league game this season where I have thought our mon is better than the opposition player in the same position.

Thats worrying.

Crawford, Delfounso would get into any of the sides I've seen.  Even though the other teams are better than us they arent good players individually, those 2 have more spark than any player I've seen against us, its all very 4th division and they are very 3rd division.

5 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Jesus. It could/should have been 7

Not sure why he took Crawford off when we needed to score

Need to drop the goalie and santos, play tuff for Conley to start with and to not play out from the back as we’re not good enough

Still convinced if we give Doyle and Delfonso the service that they will score goals

This is big part of problem for me the ball ain’t sticking up top, we need to get the ball in that final 3rd and keep it there, while the pair of them decent we need a target man to hold it up, is Miller that type, if so play him alongside Doyle and play delfounso one wing and the lad we’ve signed today on the other wing, drop Crellin, Santos and Gordon as well, those changes would give us much greater chance of winning. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Crawford, Delfounso would get into any of the sides I've seen.  Even though the other teams are better than us they arent good players individually, those 2 have more spark than any player I've seen against us, its all very 4th division and they are very 3rd division.

Crawford was shocking today though

13 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Maybe that's what we need though? These players need a huge lift. They just look bereft to me.

One of the advantages we have is having a big crowd behind us for this level. That's missing obviously at the moment - so more of a level playing field!

Don’t think the crowd would help you have to think that if it’s season tickets only were rattling about in a big ground we’re you’re probably going to get a better atmosphere at some of the smaller clubs with small stadium