Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newport

gonzo

"I don’t know what I’m going to get. We are a bag of Revels, we are one minute the coffee Revel, the next minute the Malteser, I don’t know what we’re going to get, I genuinely don’t know what we’re going to get and we have to be more consistent."

How about our managers don't give interviews during the week and only give post match interviews if we win?

4 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

"I don’t know what I’m going to get. We are a bag of Revels, we are one minute the coffee Revel, the next minute the Malteser, I don’t know what we’re going to get, I genuinely don’t know what we’re going to get and we have to be more consistent."

How about our managers don't give interviews during the week and only give post match interviews if we win?

Onions, Revels?

Is our Keith still manager?

• Site Supporter
37 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

No mention of revels in that clip. Maybe that comes when he’s pushed on trying to give further explanation on an inept performance. 

What more can he say, or shouldn’t say? What he says there is absolutely spot on. There are few managers in the world who get praised for their after match interview after a defeat.

He’s said everything I want to hear after that performance. Are people expecting more/less? 

19 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Should have gone down the (lack of) Quality Street

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’ve had enough. Can’t stand watching on ifollow. I’m out until we’re allowed back in the ground

i watched Bradford & FG that was me done. if thats football count me out. ive paid my season ticket money done my bit but until we can go back my saturdays/midweek dont involve this experience its not football. goes for all.matches really.but the i follow malarkey is amateur hour stuff. 

29 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

Not even true; we lose every week. We always get the peanut one

Edited by boltondiver
v

17 minutes ago, desperado said:

No mention of revels in that clip. Maybe that comes when he’s pushed on trying to give further explanation on an inept performance. 

What more can he say, or shouldn’t say? What he says there is absolutely spot on. There are few managers in the world who get praised for their after match interview after a defeat.

He’s said everything I want to hear after that performance. Are people expecting more/less? 

He said it in Radio Manchester interview

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/bolton-wanderers/12082756/bolton-0-2-newport

0:15 - who's picking up that player that hits the post? Gordon? Looks like late run from edge of the box - no one picking him up but we have two men on the short man?? And looks like our 3 players White, Santos and Taft are marking 2 players at the back post, so whats the one extra man supposed to be doing?

0:50 - wish he'd hit that first time or at least kept it low.

0:55 - everyone ball watching, Gordon at fault for being on his heels for the rebound.

1:12 - does look like it hits his hand to be fair.

1:34 - Jones gets done so easily but there's no one there to support him. Where's this winning the ball back in 6 seconds philosophy? Surely should have multiple players pressuring or at least ready to cover. Comley, Crawford and White offering nothing defensively there. Then the shot - it's a 3 v 3 for the rebound and Taft goes to sleep.

2 hours ago, Spider said:

I can only remember 2 passages of play where we kept the ball and played more than 3 passes.

Jurgen Evatt needs to sort this out very very quickly.

The thing is, its not even the failure to retain possession which is most infuriating.  Its far more basic than that.  Just marking their men, or just putting a cross in from a corner or from open play that is worthy of the name.  Having the ability to shoot.  Honestly don't see us winning against a conference side on today's showing, we are truly starting from scratch, its not one or two little things that need working on, it goes miles deeper than that.

Edited by Johnnyrotten
didnt mean to send

Absolutely crap today.  If we had lost 5-0 we couldn’t have complained.  Defence and goalie were shocking. That Santa bloke is a cart horse and couldn’t even pass wind.  We have a rolls Royce striker and give him shite balls all day long.

the team and manger would have got dogs abuse if a crowd was in today.

simply awful.  3 league games, no goals and 5 defeats on the bounce.

oh my god

15 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Listening to his comments he will sort this whole mess out 

I'm still well in favour of Evatt, no question of that and it would be wrong to call for his head so soon. I am guilty of buying into everything hes said and been built up to be, though.

But, the actual evidence we have so far is that he talks a very, very good game yet it hasnt impacted on performances and results.