Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton v Newport

gonzo

20 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

They made good money on the Colchester game also . People stop watching and paying it’s going to hit the club hard 

I'm not being flippant, but the limited funds gained by i-follow sales should be more than offset by the lack of win bonuses being paid out currently.  If we win a game, the increased sales for the following match may just about cover the extra wages (complete guesswork of course).

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm not being flippant, but the limited funds gained by i-follow sales should be more than offset by the lack of win bonuses being paid out currently.  If we win a game, the increased sales for the following match may just about cover the extra wages (complete guesswork of course).

Sorry but I'm fucked if I can figure out why you just posted that 🤔

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Let’s see after 10 games where we’re at

no crowds probably the best for evatt at the moment 

I know what you're saying, but if we lose the first 9, nobody will want to give him the 10th game.   So he doesn't have 10 games before he has to get a point or score a goal or look like the better team for half a game.  I don't know how many games he's got, but it isn't 10 and that's not an anti-IE comment, it goes for all 100+ professional managers, nobody gets to lose their first 9 and survive.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If they pay them in bags of quavers instead of money until we win, we'll be reet.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I know what you're saying, but if we lose the first 9, nobody will want to give him the 10th game.   So he doesn't have 10 games before he has to get a point or score a goal or look like the better team for half a game.  I don't know how many games he's got, but it isn't 10 and that's not an anti-IE comment, it goes for all 100+ professional managers, nobody gets to lose their first 9 and survive.

Wasn’t in terms of IE

more how the tables taking shape runners & riders etc 

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Can't see us losing our first 9 personally but I think he'll get at least 10-20 games considering we spent 200k on bringing him here

• Members

Right possession football. 
A few things you need

Every player comfortable on the ball

Every player understands how their teammates like to receive the ball, into space, into feet, which way they can turn.

All players need to be super fit, to press the ball to be constantly on the move. We just aren’t there.

Possession penetrating football takes years to form a DNA. and a blueprint. It took Ajax, Holland, Barca, City years to get there and yeah we aren't them but you can see that’s the foundations IE is trying to lay down.

we lack quality, creativity and a strong mentality 

We need to focus on the basics , be tough to beat, play football when we can, go direct when we need. 

I Hope we still get behind IE and the lads because I believe we will come good.

11 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Sorry but I'm fucked if I can figure out why you just posted that 🤔

Farnywhite said if people stop paying their £10 for i-follow its going to hit the club hard.  I'm suggesting it wont because we wont have to pay out as much in salaries.  What you lose from one hand you gain in the other. You're entitled to disagree but I'm puzzled why that's so hard to understand 🤨 

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

A few things you need

Every player understands how their teammates like to receive the ball, into space, into feet, which way they can turn.

All players need to be super fit, to press the ball to be constantly on the move. We just aren’t there.

Possession penetrating football takes years to form a DNA. and a blueprint. It took Ajax, Holland, Barca, City years to get there and yeah we aren't them but you can see that’s the foundations IE is trying to lay down.

We need to focus on the basics , be tough to beat, play football when we can, go direct when we need. 

In one.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, Rudy said:

A few things you need

based on what?

11 minutes ago, Rudy said:

A few things you need

Agree - players don't look fit enough yet to press at high intensity all game.

It's a shame we've started so poorly but think Evatt will succeed in time.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Farnywhite said if people stop paying their £10 for i-follow its going to hit the club hard.  I'm suggesting it wont because we wont have to pay out as much in salaries.  What you lose from one hand you gain in the other. You're entitled to disagree but I'm puzzled why that's so hard to understand 🤨 

From what ive read, we might make about £15k from i-follow per away match. No idea what we'll get from home, probably less I bet.  Half a million a season maybe. Who knows. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Rudy said:

A few things you need

Well said 

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, Mantra said:

Can't see us losing our first 9 personally but I think he'll get at least 10-20 games considering we spent 200k on bringing him here

If you can’t see us losing our first 9 then it follows that you CAN see us winning or drawing one of the next 6 games. Pray, tell which one that’d be because I’m buggered if I can see a point if IE insists on this defensive formation with defenders who look like they’ve never played football before.

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

In your own words, complete guesswork, in fact total bollocks as you have no idea about the finances involved. Not having a pop, just seemed odd. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, Rudy said:

A few things you need

I'm behind Evatt & know if he can sort it out we will be entertaining to watch but what worries me with playing around at the back is that even the top teams get caught out occasionally with international defenders.... How the hell do we get big donkeys like Santos to do it without conceding bucket loads? I'd prefer us to concentrate on teaching our defence that playing statues in our own box isn't conducive to getting results.