Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What's your top 3 all time best ever Cheese

peelyfeet

• Members
1 hour ago, MickyD said:

OK :jump:

For a bloke who works putting out fires Weliphant, you seem to be a bit of a firestarter. You could be next.

Not wasting any more time on that worthless turd so quote him as much as you want.

I'll leave the gormless cunt staring out of his Halliwell 2 up 2 down wondering where it all went wrong the fucking peasant.

The biscuits you have with it are just as important, i favour the charcoal ones, gives a nice bite to soft cheeses like goats. 

I recommend the Cheese Works for delivery, they have a lovely selection, i love green thunder (from Snowdonia company - same as Black Bomber mentioned earlier) which is with garlic and herbs, but they have a blue cheese that is outstanding, think its called Blue Log and the cotswold brie is amazing. I've recently got into quince paste and jelly which is a great with every cheese.

If folk are in London there is a great cheese deli in Victoria Station and not super expensive like Neal Yards Diary and they great cheese butties. 

34 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

For a bloke who works putting out fires Weliphant, you seem to be a bit of a firestarter. You could be next.

Not wasting any more time on that worthless turd so quote him as much as you want.

I'll leave the gormless cunt staring out of his Halliwell 2 up 2 down wondering where it all went wrong the fucking peasant.

It’s too easy bullshit boy. You’re such a fanny😀 

Not lived in Bolton for decades you fuckwit. 

If I can be arsed I might dig up some of your stories/bullshit later. Always amusing. 

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Rudy said:

I had a blue cheese sauce with a steak now that my friends is a game changer 

Port and Stilton sauce on a steak. Good stuff. But not too much.

12 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Mrs Manc goes mental. If we see any sort of market that might have a cheese stall I’m in there. Carrier bag full. Llandudno pier, Edinburgh Castle, anywhere we have a day out.

Love the stuff.

Just don’t let any gayster spoil it by putting fucking fruit in the cheese. Cranberries, pineapple, raisins, etc. Just fuck off. Cheese is cheese. Fruit is an accompaniment. Nothing else

Don't mind the odd bit of wensleydale with cranberries, but generally I agree.

Not into it loaded with herbs etc. Or smoked, like to get the flavour of the cheese.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Please find the one about fighting a herd of hells angels with a single flip flop.

Or the one about have a laugh with the black bar man

Or the picture with his mates and the beach towel

This is the holy grail, I'm hoping that Bolty will treat us all one day and post it again

2 minutes ago, Sweep said:

This is the holy grail, I'm hoping that Bolty will treat us all one day and post it again

Still smiling thinking about it - it was made all the more funnier because of the huge big up he was making about how the Poms in the office stuck it to everyone by going to town and really celebrating St George's Day.......then a picture of three slightly portly middle aged blokes in the office canteen with a beach towel over a chair tucking into a bowl of trifle.

16 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Cottage Cheese has to be top for me, eat it on its own or even mixed with tuna or peanut butter. 

Lancashire might edge 2nd place, rarely have it though because nobody else at home will eat it.

3rd I'll give to Pecorino for the magic it does when put on top of a hot pizza.

Honourable mention to that Primula in a tube, the one with chives preferably.

Primula; soul food

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Once upon a time, a bloke living at the other half of the planet joined Wanderersways. He was alright, decent conversation and sense of humour.

Then he totally lost his sense of humour and became a boring old fucker.

The end.

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Once upon a time, a bloke living at the other half of the planet joined Wanderersways. He was alright, decent conversation and sense of humour.

Then he totally lost his sense of humour and became a boring old fucker.

The end.

The older some fellas get, the less they give a shit.

This allows any more right wing thoughts to cascade over the hypothalamus and straight out of the body, when they'd previously been kept in check.

Retirement, all those little aches and pains, constantly checking life insurance policies, not understanding why younger generations are zipping past them, only getting pokey wets once a month.

All these things are a Sword of Damocles that leer and threaten above their wrinkly heads. It makes them less able to manage thoughts that aren't completely linear and simple.

Galling indeed that a lifetime of graft brings the big rewards when they are too old to fully appreciate them.

I'd be fucked off too.