Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cover versions

Spider

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

You just can't cover some songs and that is one of them, but saying that, it can be done, just like the Ravonettes cover below. 

One of the best covers for me was Bobby Womacks 'California Dreaming' .....just fucking brilliant.

Bobby Womack!

anyway 

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Never heard that before, it's better than the cover 😀

👍 I agree but the Love Affair version reminds me of my first away match. Heard it on the radio while loading the newspapers into my bag at the paper shop at 7am on a Saturday morning for my paper round before heading off to Huddersfield. 1968.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

👍 I agree but the Love Affair version reminds me of my first away match. Heard it on the radio while loading the newspapers into my bag at the paper shop at 7am on a Saturday morning for my paper round before heading off to Huddersfield. 1968.

Yep, I’m an old soulie but Love Affair’s version really filled it out with lots of strings etc

Good effort tbf.

• Site Supporter
59 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He's just got one of them voices that works on a cover and can easily make it belong to Radiohead, fair play, he does it really well, great song by Carly Simon in the first instance though.

Apologies for bombarding the topic with Radiohead videos, but they're the best band in the world in my opinion. This is how to cover a Smiths song.

Edited by Cheese