Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cover versions

Spider

• Members
1 hour ago, kent_white said:

I've not re-listened to this for years. And it almost seems like a cliche to post it. But I really appreciate how iconic this is listening to it back with 40 odd year old ears.

Just so cleverly put together and with a haunting quality from a band who's usual sound was a million miles away.

I love that a Journo said to Bowie I love your version of Nirvanas the man who sold the world, he replied “it’s my song you jumped up little shit” 

19 hours ago, kent_white said:

I've not re-listened to this for years. And it almost seems like a cliche to post it. But I really appreciate how iconic this is listening to it back with 40 odd year old ears.

Just so cleverly put together and with a haunting quality from a band who's usual sound was a million miles away.

Is it as good a cover as Love Buzz though?

30 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I had that one ready to post - but didn't want to spam the page! 

Just think it shows how versatile and imaginative they were as a band. Even from their first album. 

Not a patch on Guns n Roses though, they even had a full album of cover versions such was their versatility. 

Just a quick edit, in case anyone was in doubt I wasn't entirely serious (and I do love guns n roses) their version of Sympathy for the Devil is among some of of the worst songs committed to tape.

Edited by Not in Crawley

• Site Supporter
On 26/09/2020 at 22:20, embankment said:

Disturbed’s covers of Land of Confusion ( Genesis) and Sound of Silence ( Simon & Garfunkel).

The best covers ever.

You seem a tasteful chap to me. You're keen on all things metal and I imagine our venn diagram of music is fairly close.

BUT

The Disturbed cover of Sound of Silence is a failure of the universe to create an accident when one was needed to whoever decided it was a good idea. It's witheringly dreadful

Just now, Spider said:

You seem a tasteful chap to me. You're keen on all things metal and I imagine our venn diagram of music is fairly close.

BUT

The Disturbed cover of Sound of Silence is a failure of the universe to create an accident when one was needed to whoever decided it was a good idea. It's witheringly dreadful

Sound of Silence - whilst stood in 1ft of mud on that slope at Download , was a thing of beauty . Even the bloody rain stopped after battering it down for 3 days.

Yes i agree not their strongest song . But it is moving .

2 minutes ago, embankment said:

Sound of Silence - whilst stood in 1ft of mud on that slope at Download , was a thing of beauty . Even the bloody rain stopped after battering it down for 3 days.

Yes i agree not their strongest song . But it is moving .

Paul Simon liked it, so if its good enough for him , it works from

• 3 weeks later...