Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton V Scots.

leigh white

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mr Grey said:

Did the Perth, St Johnstone trip in the 90's, coach left us there, think we won 2 or 3-0, Mixu scored. We were in one of the side stands pissed as newts!

We all got back, some in a Taxi 🙄

I remember the taxi story. Didn’t someone do a runner once home? Fairly sure there was a story in Bolton Evening News 

Queen Of The South mid 90s.  De Freitas goal of the season, in front of about 200 Bolton and 100 home fans, at Hampden.

Went to Dunfermline too, thought we'd be all over 'em being a Prem team, think we lost 2-0 with our first team.

Dundee away on same tour, no away end, sat with Dundee fans, couldnt understand a word they were saying. 2-2 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Sure it was Miami's coach, went from Wise Guys on Bank Street, a couple of lads dropped out, so me and my mate Toggy nipped on for a couple quid a piece, sang fog on the Tyne all the way there, no fucking wonder the driver didn't return, although some nob did light a bog roll on the coach as we approached Perth 😁

Toggy from Deane? 

I always thought the guy who did a runner from a taxi was a lad coming back from Hartlepool on boxing day? 

I did the 94 tour.  0-0 Dunfermline (won on pens) Mixu debut, 7-0 at Ross County Sneekes debut, 2-0 at Inverness and 3-1 at St Johnstone.  It was a brilliant week but got drenched on the open end at Caley 

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

I always thought the guy who did a runner from a taxi was a lad coming back from Hartlepool on boxing day? 

I did the 94 tour.  0-0 Dunfermline (won on pens) Mixu debut, 7-0 at Ross County Sneekes debut, 2-0 at Inverness and 3-1 at St Johnstone.  It was a brilliant week but got drenched on the open end at Caley 

No, definitely the St Johnstone game

18 minutes ago, Alf Hartigan said:

No, definitely the St Johnstone game

Spot on pal.

Paul H, RIP got dropped off at his house, then jumped over his neighbour's fence and legged it.

Paul actually got caught as he had been thrown out that day of the match and the old bill showed the driver pics of those who had been ejected. The driver recognised Paul through the colour of jumper he was wearing.

Pretty sure the costs he had to pay in addition to the fine were £650.

I didn't organise the coach,  which was booked to return after the final whistle with the organiser thinking it was an afternoon kick off not an evening match  😆 😅