Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harrogate v Bolton

Biggish Dave

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

If we can’t get a win from Harrogate, grimsby, oldham & barrow then we may as well pack up 

We've played FGR, Colchester and Newport, the next 4 games are no different, its just more games against poor sides.  We'll hardly ever come up against a player all season when we think "I wouldn't mind having him in our team".  Its all about whether we can improve, rather than who the opposition is, its not like the championship where you can play to your max and still come off 2nd best.

38 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We've played FGR, Colchester and Newport, the next 4 games are no different, its just more games against poor sides.  We'll hardly ever come up against a player all season when we think "I wouldn't mind having him in our team".  Its all about whether we can improve, rather than who the opposition is, its not like the championship where you can play to your max and still come off 2nd best.

Their centre mid yesterday looked miles better than anything we have.

47 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

We have done in every single game this season.

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Poorer clubs in comparison of stature I guess, but certainly not in terms of on pitch quality. Everyone weve played so far has looked at the very least organised, which is already a step up from us.

3 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

We have done in every single game this season.

I normally take notice of opposition players that stand out, and I've not seen any player that looks a class above.  Tidy players yes, but the defenders look beatable, the keepers dodgy, the set pieces average, I can only remember one really good shot (the FGR goal), I've not seen a stand out pass that's looked anything like top quality, nobody has had the skill to dribble around 2 or 3 and I've not seen anyone with any pace.   

47 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I normally take notice of opposition players that stand out, and I've not seen any player that looks a class above.  Tidy players yes, but the defenders look beatable, the keepers dodgy, the set pieces average, I can only remember one really good shot (the FGR goal), I've not seen a stand out pass that's looked anything like top quality, nobody has had the skill to dribble around 2 or 3 and I've not seen anyone with any pace.   

And yet they've all looked better than our shambles.

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

And yet they've all looked better than our shambles.

But that's IEs fault at the moment, its not because its too optimistic to think we can reach the levels that FGR, Colchester and Newport have reached.  When the likes of Boro, Derby and Wolves were putting 3 or 4 past us without breaking sweat, we knew we couldn't hope to match them.  You're not telling me we cant aspire to match Newport this season.

3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Lose 1-0 to a Tom Walker goal 

And one for @MalcolmW - Jon Stead first played against us for Blackburn in December 2004. If he plays on Saturday, is there anyone else who has played against us over such a long period of time? 

3 minutes ago, jmjhb said:

Wilbraham?

Nov 1998 & Jan 2020