Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harrogate v Bolton

Biggish Dave

That's a relief.  Hopefully we never, ever, ever again go into a game concerned that we might finish the day 92nd in the league.  Phew.

Looking at comments on here about individual performances, it just shows we all see games different.  Santos was either MOM or an accident waiting to happen; Mascoll is either decent or iffy; Crawford sounded like he was involved in all our good attacking play, but played poorly as well; Sarcevic captain's role or not involved; Brockbank not upto it or defended well.  The one thing everyone seems to agree on is Delaney is our best defender.  Keep him there, I dont want to hear about Greenidge being available soon.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That's a relief.  Hopefully we never, ever, ever again go into a game concerned that we might finish the day 92nd in the league.  Phew.

Looking at comments on here about individual performances, it just shows we all see games different.  Santos was either MOM or an accident waiting to happen; Mascoll is either decent or iffy; Crawford sounded like he was involved in all our good attacking play, but played poorly as well; Sarcevic captain's role or not involved; Brockbank not upto it or defended well.  The one thing everyone seems to agree on is Delaney is our best defender.  Keep him there, I dont want to hear about Greenidge being available 

9 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Looking at comments on here about individual performances, it just shows we all see games different.  Santos was either MOM or an accident waiting to happen; Mascoll is either decent or iffy; Crawford sounded like he was involved in all our good attacking play, but played poorly as well; Sarcevic captain's role or not involved; Brockbank not upto it or defended well.  The one thing everyone seems to agree on is Delaney is our best defender.  Keep him there, I dont want to hear about Greenidge being available soon.

Think it's partly because no one was head and shoulders above anyone today. Everyone did a good job but also everyone made the odd mistake.

Crellin - punching/catching/positioning all give me heart attacks but also made good stops

Delaney, Santos, Brockbank - very solid overall but no one picked up their goalscorer and was a couple of dodgy pinball moments in our box

Mascoll, Jones, Hickman, Gordon - Made good passes and tackles but also gave the ball away at times. Gordon probably the worst out of them imo

Tutte and Sarcevic - worked very hard but messed their touch up a couple of times and weren't hugely influential going forward imo, did a lot of the dirty work though

Crawford - too many hollywood passes imo but it's good that he tries to make things happen.

Doyle and Delfouneso - took their goals well, Doyle more influential out of the two. Fonz seemed to be doing a lot of defending second half, or at least sitting deep.

One of the best things about this is that last year when we picked up points early doors we were just chipping away at that minus 12. I wish it had happened earlier .... but time to enjoy the moment. We've had precious little opportunity to savour a Saturday night after a good result. Tranmere at home back in the Winter felt a bit similar but it was all depressed by the fact we knew we were going down.

Well, everybody played miles better than they had done previously.

Santos was soooo much better, although he still makes me incredibly nervous whenever he's on the ball.

Can't underestimate what that result must mean for the players. Time to kick on now and grab this division by the scruff of the neck.