Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harrogate v Bolton

Biggish Dave

On 02/10/2020 at 16:52, hughmungus said:

It’s going to be yet another embarrassing surrender to a team that have more desire, organisation and will to win.

Evatt has now done the Hill/Parkinson excuse book to the end, and in record time, and is getting found out at the expense of our club.

I mean, I thought we'd lose as well but this is some doom mongering of expert levels.

9 hours ago, jeep said:

Bryan Small?

Yes was definitely him. Somewhat embarrassingly for a 32 year old to admit, that Wolves game was the only game I went to at Burnden (I was 10 at the time). Had been pestering for years but never had anyone to take me, and even was only taken to that game as a replacement Christmas present because my godparents had their house burgled just before Christmas and all the presents were pinched. If you were to choose to attend only one game then I reckon chose well, but there was no way I wasn't having a season ticket from the following season onwards. 

Brief footage of the brawl but it goes off before showing Chris Fairclough battering Bully . Does anyone remember the small brawl at the end of the game at Wolves earlier in the season , in that one Fairclough twatted Darren Ferguson a couple of times.

Edited by dusan nikolic

25 minutes ago, dusan nikolic said:

Brief footage of the brawl but it goes off before showing Chris Fairclough battering Bully . Does anyone remember the small brawl at the end of the game at Wolves earlier in the season , in that one Fairclough twatted Darren Ferguson a couple of times.

Watching that reminded me all week was rumoured SJM was injured. He was last player out to warm out. Got the Burnden Terrace excited, pretty sure he waved to the Wolves fans. 
Also Lofty was accused of sticking 2 fingers up at the Wolves fans. Response - ‘He is a lion he does not have fingers’. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Don’t remember the brawl but I do remember SJM banging the winner in the last few minutes. Midweek away wins in the Midlands happened a few times round then for us

23 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Just to think only 4 league defeats 

Ipswich at home, Southend away, Reading away, Birmingham away. 

We somehow managed to go eight games without a win from November 13 up to Christmas despite having a final record of only losing the four games overall! 

3 hours ago, dusan nikolic said:

Yup it was just around the final whistle and carried on down the tunnel , couple of red cards iircc

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

He had that reputation from his time at Leeds. Him & Gudni, both quiet & measured but not to be fucked with. 

Gudni is my favourite Bolton player of all time. Absolute class act. I idolised him as a teenager. Never had a bad game. I was lucky enough to meet him once - the day before the Play-Off Final against Preston - and he signed my copy of the BEN - on the page that I was pictured in the crowd, although I was unrecognisable. I'd love to say it's my most treasured possession, but I've fucking lost it. I remember saying "Good luck tomorrow Gudni", and he said "Thanks". Not really one to tell the Grandkids.

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

Gudni is my favourite Bolton player of all time. Absolute class act. I idolised him as a teenager. Never had a bad game. I was lucky enough to meet him once - the day before the Play-Off Final against Preston - and he signed my copy of the BEN - on the page that I was pictured in the crowd, although I was unrecognisable. I'd love to say it's my most treasured possession, but I've fucking lost it. I remember saying "Good luck tomorrow Gudni", and he said "Thanks". Not really one to tell the Grandkids.

Gudni’s written a whole chapter about the incident in his new book, the chapter is titled “The day i met Cheese” 😂

Edited by Burndens Bogs

13 hours ago, Cheese said:

Up there with Bolton players of the last 40 years that aren't just legends, but who spent a good chunk of their careers here and it made them the players they were.  There may be loads but off the top of my head I can only think of McGinlay, Gardner, Jussi in a similar category of BW legend.  The Okochas, Speeds, Yourris etc aren't just associated with BWFC unlike those 4.  Gudni probably the best of the lot for consistency and reliability, for me he'd walk into most Prem defences even in his 30s.