Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Harrogate v Bolton

Biggish Dave

18 minutes ago, Mantra said:

He's pragmatic enough. I was beginning to fear he was one of those with "footballing principles" and would stick to them irrespective of results. But he's changed it about and put a bit of emphasis on battling. 

You learn about a manager as you go along. The way he's tackled this week after Newport is a tick in the box for me. 

2 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Was that Mascoll's debut? Thought he looked decent

Good move for second goal

Had Bolton and BTTS at 6.5

Not felt this satisfied with a match in a long time

Think he's come on as a sub before but think that's his first time starting (in the league, can't remember for EFL trophy)

• Site Supporter

Pages 11 and 12 are comical now the result is known.

Delighted for a win at last. Looking at the line up, looks like 1 or 2 of our later signings are up to speed.

Best bit for me, both strikers are off the mark. 

I need to avoid watching more often

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

I’m still here bud, nice feeling but it’s against Harrogate ffs, just think about that for a minute.

Both teams where they deserve to be.

Moaning about the club's position achieves nowt. Nor being so critical of a manger after three league games.

• Site Supporter

I’m delighted for a win like I’m sure everyone on here is. One swallow doesn’t make a summer but it’s a start.

Dont imagine anyone is enjoying losing so let’s enjoy tonight and hope it’s the catalyst for better results. 
Up the Whites

9 minutes ago, Kane57 said:

No Henshaw- no problem

I was listening on iptv. Think it was Bolton fm... The guy who sounds like he commentates on daytime greyhounds and no one else. 

Fan power got the grunter potted? 

Highlight of the season. 

3 hours ago, Werder barmen said:

i think we have to go with that back 3 into the next one, much stronger than previous weeks
hopefully jones injury isn't to bad but didn't look good for him 

Hang on...3 at the back isn't suddenly the answer, 2 weeks ago at Colchester we'd all seemingly agreed 4 at the back brought a better performance (just 2 soft goals got in the way, nothing to do with formation those goals).  And everyone, but everyone, wanted Santos out, is he suddenly John Terry?  I'm still thinking Taft and Delaney might be the best 2 centre backs, and we need a right back now that Jones is injured.  I don't know the answer to that, but I'm sure the way forward isn't a defence of Santos, Delaney and Brockbank and nobody else.  

• Site Supporter
7 hours ago, jmjhb said:

Hickman dropped? Santos keeps his place? No sub keeper?

6 hours ago, Spider said:

Well he’s picked Santos, which means I’m a tenner better off because there’s fuck all chance of me watching it now.

6 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

5 defenders and no wingers.  I dont like this.  Prove me wrong.  No sub goalie when we've got 3 on the books suggests its tactical, 4 midfielders on bench, needs some explaining that however well the starting X1 plays.

6 hours ago, Rizlar said:

This could be any formation but Brockbank ffs hes awful 

5 hours ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Defence is fucking wank

5 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That defensive line up looks even more scary now, Hickman never a right back - Brockbank should be there surely and Taft left back?  It feels a bit scattergun.

There’s a danger in posting nonsense pre/mid game.

FFS These players are the ones that IE has seen work their bollocks off during the week.

The players who were going to put their bodies on the line to get us a result today.

And they did 

Your comments have proved ridiculous

The formation - it worked, we have got 3 points

Brockbank, he wasn’t awful

Defence - It wasn’t fucking wank

I suggest you either wait till 90 mins is up or be a little more subjective in your comments