Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shrewsbury Town v Bolton Wanderers - EFL Trophy

desperado

We deserved a draw from this at the very least , Shrewsbury for all their huffing and puffing have created very little . A good run out for the less used lads and encouraging displays from Senior, Riley , Darcy etc. Bigger fish to fry this season but by no means disgraced , I quite enjoyed it in the end.

12 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Darcy is looking sharp 

Maybe people are watching a different game but Darcy was absolutely woeful.

Knocked off the ball too easy, pathetic attempt at through balls. The chance at the end he fell over himself. 

He's wasted his chance and I wouldn't expect him anywhere near the team and rightly so after that shite. 

4 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Maybe people are watching a different game but Darcy was absolutely woeful.

Knocked off the ball too easy, pathetic attempt at through balls. The chance at the end he fell over himself. 

He's wasted his chance and I wouldn't expect him anywhere near the team and rightly so after that shite. 

I thought personally he just looked Rusty , which is understandable considering his lack of game time . I'm sure he will get better.

Edited by dusan nikolic

• Site Supporter

Regardless of the competition it’s always disappointing when we lose. But, without sounding like Sammy Lee, I thought there were more positives than negatives today.

The negatives were occasional never persistent; sometimes dicey at the back, unneeded pressure by occasionally overplaying out of defence, at times untidy in possession, final ball mainly lacking and lack of confidence in front of goal. 

But considering the youthfulness and lack of experience of these players playing together, they competed really well, the younger lads, while sometimes caught in possession or over ambitious in their play, showed some good potential and confidence. They remained disciplined and never stopped competing and believing they could get something from the game. 

The game was always competitive against a really dirty side who really shouldn’t have had 11 players on the pitch 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, desperado said:

Regardless of the competition it’s always disappointing when we lose. But, without sounding like Sammy Lee, I thought there were more positives than negatives today.

The negatives were occasional never persistent; sometimes dicey at the back, unneeded pressure by occasionally overplaying out of defence, at times untidy in possession, final ball mainly lacking and lack of confidence in front of goal. 

But considering the youthfulness and lack of experience of these players playing together, they competed really well, the younger lads, while sometimes caught in possession or over ambitious in their play, showed some good potential and confidence. They remained disciplined and never stopped competing and believing they could get something from the game. 

The game was always competitive against a really dirty side who really shouldn’t have had 11 players on the pitch 

Remember last year against them at home? Lowe sent off for diving in because of the amount of shit they were dishing out. Known for being a physical side.