Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Grimsby

Ratwhite

1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

If so I hope we give em a reet hammering and IE sparks the cunt out.

I seem to remember from the Barrowcelona podcast (feels like another age!) that Holloway is one of Evatts greatest mentors and they're close friends.

2 hours ago, frank_spencer said:

If so I hope we give em a reet hammering and IE sparks the cunt out.

Can't remember the details, but read an article about Holloway that broadly said that away from the irritating "bit of a character " media persona, he's a very decent bloke.

37 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I seem to remember from the Barrowcelona podcast (feels like another age!) that Holloway is one of Evatts greatest mentors and they're close friends.

He'd probably have been Evatt's manager at Blackpool.

Anyway, we'll sink the mariners, eh, eh, 3-0 or 3-1 & i might  even try to get this ifollow thing

3 hours ago, bolton va va said:

Can't remember the details, but read an article about Holloway that broadly said that away from the irritating "bit of a character " media persona, he's a very decent bloke.

I listened to a discussion between him and Colin Murray on 5Live during lockdown, he really is a decent bloke and chats less shit than he does around football. He talked about his art, his kids who are profoundly deaf and what they do to support them, his attitude to life etc. Was uplifting to be fair!

I listened to that too.  Top bloke and interesting fella.  Lived in 43 houses apparently, doesn't buy, just rents.

Going off topic but I listened to the Stuart Pearce chat in the same series, expecting to turn it off after 5 minutes, but he's another I could have listened to all day coz of his enthusiasm, attitude and humility.