Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Grimsby

Ratwhite

• Site Supporter
44 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I listened to that too.  Top bloke and interesting fella.  Lived in 43 houses apparently, doesn't buy, just rents.

Going off topic but I listened to the Stuart Pearce chat in the same series, expecting to turn it off after 5 minutes, but he's another I could have listened to all day coz of his enthusiasm, attitude and humility.

Pearce was a sparky early on iirc, probably gave him a reasonable grounding and made him appreciate what football gave him.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I listened to that too.  Top bloke and interesting fella.  Lived in 43 houses apparently, doesn't buy, just rents.

Going off topic but I listened to the Stuart Pearce chat in the same series, expecting to turn it off after 5 minutes, but he's another I could have listened to all day coz of his enthusiasm, attitude and humility.

It's funny how wrong perceptions can be. Listened to a Carlton Palmer podcast expecting him to be a bit of a knob but he's a really sound bloke. 

• Moderators
Just now, Ani said:

When was last time we played a team below us in the league ? 

Does the 2nd game of the season count?

If so, I'm guessing when we played Bristol City in 18/19 after we'd beat West Brom

Maybe one or two games after

But nothing since then

13 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

Does the 2nd game of the season count?

If so, I'm guessing when we played Bristol City in 18/19 after we'd beat West Brom

Maybe one or two games after

But nothing since then

Surprisingley, its as recent as last year.  6th April 2019, 2-1 home defeat to Ipswich, and we were still above them after losing.  We had loads of games that season against teams below us coz of our great start, it took us a few months to sink to the bottom 3, we still had a fighting chance staying up at Christmas after we beat Rotherham.