Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BWFC V Grimsby

Ratwhite

Delaney MOM, didn’t put a foot wrong defensively and some really good touches on the ball.

Santos looks a different player in the middle and was nearly as good as Delaney.

Tutte the other real positive, really comfortable on the ball and some nice passes - very surprised he got took off... Comley is a bit nothingy.

Hickman, Brockbank, Mascoll, Doyle all had solid enough games - again, surprised Hickman and Mascoll came off... Baptiste is fucking woeful and Gordon couldn’t cross a road (despite getting in good positions).

I can’t get my head around the 2 players that I thought would have been too good for this league being the worst on the pitch. Crawford and Sarcevic offered nothing. Crawford did have glimpses but all Sarcevic did was chase shadows and give the ball away! It also makes the midfield unbalanced having the 2 in there - I’d have one playing in the 10 role (Crawford at the moment) and a passing midfielder alongside Tutte, who would be White in a perfect world but maybe Comley or even Riley until White’s back.

Things are still progressing, the defence is looking better and better in each game and is playing the way he wants us to play, we just need to sort the balance in midfield and create more chances for Doyle (and learn to cross a ball).

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Delaney MOM, didn’t put a foot wrong defensively and some really good touches on the ball.

Santos looks a different player in the middle and was nearly as good as Delaney.

Tutte the other real positive, really comfortable on the ball and some nice passes - very surprised he got took off... Comley is a bit nothingy.

Hickman, Brockbank, Mascoll, Doyle all had solid enough games - again, surprised Hickman and Mascoll came off... Baptiste is fucking woeful and Gordon couldn’t cross a road (despite getting in good positions).

I can’t get my head around the 2 players that I thought would have been too good for this league being the worst on the pitch. Crawford and Sarcevic offered nothing. Crawford did have glimpses but all Sarcevic did was chase shadows and give the ball away! It also makes the midfield unbalanced having the 2 in there - I’d have one playing in the 10 role (Crawford at the moment) and a passing midfielder alongside Tutte, who would be White in a perfect world but maybe Comley or even Riley until White’s back.

Things are still progressing, the defence is looking better and better in each game and is playing the way he wants us to play, we just need to sort the balance in midfield and create more chances for Doyle (and learn to cross a ball).

This. But Santos mom.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Marc505 said:

I'm sick of feeling like it's the end of the world every week. We didnt lose, that's better than most weeks so far this season!

Aye, you’re right.

Gonna get ready & have a good night out.

Be positive! 😀🍺🍺🍺

Hugely disappointing that. First half we played decent, looked on top. Second half was bereft of any positives. Santos, Hickman, Mascoll, Tutte. All did well and put a shift in. The rest were fucking shite/average.

Sarcevic aside from winning a couple of fouls and maybe one or two decent passes, was quiet and uninspiring.

Delfounso had a stinker today I thought. Can't remember him doing anything other than slipping over twice.

Crawford nice free kicks and corners but other than that, didn't offer much.

Brockbank, solid enough defensively but had 3 or 4 crosses and hit the first man every single time.

Baptiste is absolutely woeful and should NOT play again.

Doyle was anonymous and for some reason didn't shoot the one chance he had.

Delaney, Gordon, Comley all pretty average.

In a word - ponderous. Too much fucking around not enough determination on the ball.

Edited by Mantra

• Site Supporter

This is still work in progress

It’s the point I made a fortnight a ago. He’s still experimenting and it’s only gametime that’s going to allow him a real perspective on what combinations work. I was as frustrated as anyone that the subs replaced like for like and didn’t make us better. 

But I can see why he’s doing it

With Jones out what’s the alternative on the right, Hickman wasn’t at his best, so he had to try Brockbank there, Isgrove isn’t fit yet.

Tutte is not match fit yet for 90 mins and he’s yet to work out if Gordon or Mascoll are better on the left. 

I’m as frustrated as anyone. I can only think IE will be more so. 

Yes it’s not good enough, yes it’s frustrating, yes the subs didn’t make us better, yes some players (Sarcevic, Crawford) are underperforming, but as hard as it is to accept and as disappointed as I am with not getting 3 points, that game isn’t going to define our season.

Positves: last 15 minutes of first half , Santos & Tutte 

negatives: all of the second half , pointless substitutions , crossing 

When Baptiste & Comley came on it seemed to unsettle Santos their suicide pissing about at the back is frightening.

Maybe we can get some pacy loanee like Edwards who when he came on was a constant thorn & nearly won the game for them.